www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just wanted to see what pet peeves some people have while out on the course. (Its your time to vent, Just let it out)

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's almost as bad as someone stepping on a twig (snap!!) during your backswing. It seems to me that both were done on purpose.
Ken,
Presto said:
Farting in my backswing.
My first peeve is douche bags leaving their trash behind. Pack it in; pack it out. Second is people driving onto people. I've had punks try and fight us over them driving onto us. GRRR!! Third is people that complain that their no good. There is a learning curve. I love this sport for the technicality of it. I've finally learned the difference between the disc's. Over all, I've being an ambassador for the sport. If you leave your beer bottle; I'll let you know.
T-REV said, in part,

"My worst rounds tend to happen with lagers."

My worst round tend to happen with others that ingest lagers, or pilsners, or pale ales...
whiners and errant extra throws
Uncool people on the course..........just go out and have fun!
People leaving their trash on the course.... Damnit its lighter than when you brought it in.

Pack your trash!!!
Littering, destruction of trees/ foliage/ park equipment, grafitti, dog dumps, oblivious bystanders, disc thieves, people throwing up your arse, people wanting to play through when there's people you're waiting on, rules/ technique mongers(telling you what and how to do things), cheaters, fairway soccer matches, obnoxious drinkers who litter, phone calls that hold up/ disturb play, any action that is against proper etiquette, wasp nests in a tree you're in, I think that's all. :)
Every thing that CBASS said right above me and this:

People who are gnawing on a turkey leg while trying to putt!
T-REV said:
People who are on the same card that are the first to throw and the last to arrive to their disc. 30 to 45 seconds is plenty of time to get your shot off after marking your lie. Slower players totally screw up the rhythm of the game for other players. Hate to be selective with who I play with but sometimes I just want to play a fluid round of disc golf and have no excuses for shooting like crap. My worst rounds tend to happen with lagers. It's good every once in a while to build a stronger concentration level during play such as when there are back ups on tee boxes during competitions but not when I'm trying to shoot a PB / personal best.

DGAL aka Disc Golfers Against Lagers

No wonder that T-REV never wants to play with me! 8-)
Thanks, T.

Jack Davis said:
T-REV said:
People who are on the same card that are the first to throw and the last to arrive to their disc. 30 to 45 seconds is plenty of time to get your shot off after marking your lie. Slower players totally screw up the rhythm of the game for other players. Hate to be selective with who I play with but sometimes I just want to play a fluid round of disc golf and have no excuses for shooting like crap. My worst rounds tend to happen with lagers. It's good every once in a while to build a stronger concentration level during play such as when there are back ups on tee boxes during competitions but not when I'm trying to shoot a PB / personal best.

DGAL aka Disc Golfers Against Lagers

No wonder that T-REV never wants to play with me! 8-)
Can't believe that I forgot to post about this! Apparently someone (kids, I imagine) decided to start a few of the pine trees at Epple park on fire a couple days ago. One of them might be a goner, we'll see later in the spring. But, W.Tha.F!! Uncalled for. I hope they find them and tie them to the tree so we can bean them with discs!!
It's a nice park in the city that really gets used for nothing except for disc golf and kids smoking, drinking and doing drugs in the bushes/trees. But its a nice park otherwise.
Probably the biggest peeve for sure. The thought of my park/course being destroyed by whomever, for whatever reason. That'll get me goin'.
Trash on the course and other vandalism.

1. Trash. I hate trash. At a nice course and people have left bottles and junk everywhere. Even more annoying is when that peice of trash is only feet from the can. Come on you play disc golf! Missing anything should so annoy you that you have to pick it up and get it in there. Such flippant actions make me mad.

2. Vandalism. This one is worse. At least with trash you can say, "Well perhaps they missed and forgot it. or maybe the wind blew the can over and made the mess. Not likely but I like to try to at least think the best of it. But valdalism is open destruction. Signs that are knocked down or signs that are ripped. Then there are other various forms of "art" work such as foul words/foul pics on stairs or benches.

I know none of us are perfect but these seem too obvious to keep in mind and carry out to the best of our ability.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968