www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I just wanted to see what pet peeves some people have while out on the course. (Its your time to vent, Just let it out)

Views: 130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

COMMON COURSE COURTESY VIOLATIONS
1. littering, in this order, glass bottles, cig butts, cans, plastic etc.
2. noise or movement in your line of sight during your shot process
3. throwing out of turn, esp. putting
4. inability to count your strokes, or as we call it trying to pencil whip
5. the group behind you driving the hole before you finish
I must sound like I'm hard to play a round with but I rarely complain with the exception of when it becomes obnoxious, then I will break out my courtesy card and read it to you and your group, lol
My father showed me a courtesy card he had for people that can't park, it would not be nice to write what it said. Let's just say it had some choice expletives, and sarcasm. "...it's people like you that make driving a pleasure." It was hilarious the first time I saw it, it fit on a business card so that u could put it on car windows. Sounds like you could use something like that for knuckleheads out on the course. I feel your pain.
Nascar Dave said:
COMMON COURSE COURTESY VIOLATIONS
1. littering, in this order, glass bottles, cig butts, cans, plastic etc.
2. noise or movement in your line of sight during your shot process
3. throwing out of turn, esp. putting
4. inability to count your strokes, or as we call it trying to pencil whip
5. the group behind you driving the hole before you finish
I must sound like I'm hard to play a round with but I rarely complain with the exception of when it becomes obnoxious, then I will break out my courtesy card and read it to you and your group, lol
-When hot girls ask me to teach them how to play.
-When fathers offer me $40 to teach there kid
-Players who only talk about their game
-When my traveling partner shoots an 850 round, and I shoot 950+ and he wants to talk about his crappy round, and could care less about my good round.
-Slow groups in front of me in a tournament
-Diaper heads playing Disc
-Players who yell 2 minutes when my ear is 5" from their screaming voice.
-Players who set up to putt-being visibly in your way so you have to ask them to get the fu*k out of your line of sight
-When you have to constantly have to inform your doubles partner that it's his turn
-When you play Dubs, and your B pool partner thinks we should play his lousy drive, or upshot, and you clearly have a much better lie.
-More than 6 in my casual group. Usually play is to slow.
-Players screaming/yelling about their near Ace. Overreaction to the Max!
-Players who talk about everyone's shot a second after taking flight-Nice shot-WHACK!!
-Players who continually talk to you during a round that are extremely annoying.
My biggest Pet Peeve on the course is the biggest Peeve on the planet......I don't like playing with people that have Pet Peeves
POISON IVY of course.

And trash, especially when it's like leaning on a trash can, or an empty Gatorade bottle. A full bottle weighs 2 pounds, fits in your hand or bag, and you had the energy and space to bring it with you. Is it that hard to carry it out weighing near nothing, with the boost of energy it gave you. C'mon.
my Peeve is people judging others. Pay attention to yourself and leave me the F- alone!!
Amen to that brother. Leave your hangups at home.

My only gripe is people who continue to talk while someone is trying to concentrate. Be it driving, approaching or putting. A little courtesy goes a long way.
I gotta say, I might be guilty of talking while people drive... :( but now I'mma stop

But I talk to other people about their game all the time, But I keep it positive.

A little niceness can improve someones game.

I know when people compliment me on a throw I build my confidence
wow i have a few
but here is one
when another players caddie comes up in front of you as you are marking a lie that went ob and hits the ground where he thinks you went ob
and says "right here" dude was not even playing
i almost lost it !
Hate when players are down on their game and then start blaming others on why they are playing bad. Also, when I feel like I spend more time looking for others discs just because they have a bad shot(s) and don't watch where their disc lands.
Ahh yes and I forgot, I hate when someone says "nice shot" when you know it was bad out of your hand, then it smacks a tree. Stay quiet, especially if you don't know what that player is capable of.
People getting high & drunk in front of my kids

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968