www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Often it seems we attribute a 50ft putt to luck, or more often it seems a nice 100-200 ft shot to luck. and of course those Ace;s all of you seem to be getting..to luck.
But I always seem to think ..well, if you threw in the general direction of the basket and maybe closed your eyes it might be luck, but otherwise if you were aiming for the basket and it goes in in any situation ( ok..maybe unless it skips in or bounces off a tree..) then it was skill!! right?

Ok. so then what about all those missed shots? do we suck that bad? or is it not as easy as some make it look? haha..ok, maybe its just me!

Do you contribute a nice long shot or putt to skill or luck? I say skill.

Views: 11

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmm.. I like that, "luck potential".
Yes, great way to describe it.... "Luck Potential" ....well said.
Made shots pure skill, missed shots.....the wind.
Funny that the winds around even when its still? lol
There is no such thing as luck.
It is skill to come close. It is luck whether it goes in or stays in or not. The better you are the luckier you will be. The more confident you are the luckier you will be.

The more pissed off you get the less luck you will have.
I can shoot at a basket for 30 minutes, the first half I get close, the second half I keep nailing them. I think luck is minimal if you are consistent that makes it skill. Consistency only can even begin to happen for me when I am well warmed up. I am pretty new to this so it takes an hour or so to get feeling right about jumping on the course.

So skill! the swat shots that go in are luck.
Agree, there is no such thing as luck.
Luck is when your good shot becomes great.
Tell me, don't you try to make that long putt.
Don't you usually want to hit an ace.
My last ACE WAS DELIBERATE! It wasn't luck just a really perfect shot.

It wasn't lucky when in basketball, having played countless hours, knew when it was in.
Practice makes perfect.
All 150 feet of it!!!!!
Long position "B" Pad Hole 15 is not 150 feet.
Around 200 something water through trees to be exact....
I've had aces that were very lucky (i.e. bounce off a tree), but a few I would consider "absence of error" since the disc did EXACTLY what I wanted it to do. I actually have been mildly offended in the past when a perfectly visualized and executed shot gets called "lucky" when it was simply a mistake-free moment.
Luck is when preperation meets opportunity. I use to sell the crude out of cars. I would hear the other guys saying how lucky I was. I guess I was creating my own luck through skill. I will take luck over skill any day any way.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968