www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, how many of you are going to attend the 2008 Worlds in Lansing Michigan? How many of you have taken the time and looked at what the courses look like? Well I have looked and it looks like on most holes that they just took a big front end loader or a bulldozer and rode thru the woods. . The fairway are from 4 to 14 feet wide, very few field shots, and no down hill or off a cliff shots. Some of the courses do not have concrete or even rubber mats. If these are championship course, the people in Michigan should get out of state more often. Playing in the World's one would expect to play on real championship courses. These course are far from that. Now lets hear from the locals in Lansing.

Tags: Michigan

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Jeff, We will be seeing each other up at the Jacksonville Open this week-end. Why did Loren drop out of playing? Driving up with Mike, leaving early Sat. morning. Will find a motel later that day. Probalby just go over by Hanna Park, there are plenty of motels in that area. If we have time before dark we can look at the other course in J-ville. Heard it is small and really alot of bushes. Later, GB
Thanks EZ$ GB #554
way shorter, more trees and a wind machine....that's what they need. and yes, he did out himself....912 rated, what up?
Mark Kruse, please explain your ramblings. I am 61 and have played the game of disc golf since the game was conceived. My players rating means what to you? At least I have played in 10 Worlds. Here in Florida I have won a few and lost a lot, but I still step up to the pad and give my best try.
MK, How many years have you been an am?
Ben, I believe that Coldbrook now has all brand new tees.
well, there is alot of info both positive and negative....I will be there for the worlds and bringing some of floridas finest juniors as well. We are excited to be going, tough courses or easy. I don't think it matters to the kids. As my 13 yr old, cameron , said "good thing we play on tight courses in sarasota". Looks like we are going to need the practice.
Does anyone know how the distance competition is handled, is it seperated dy division, such as jr , adv, pro?
and the putting as well. would appreciate some input.
thanks to all, hope to see everyone up there in aug.
A big shout out to Gary B.

p.s. Thanks to all of you in florida who have supported the juniors this year and all of your help. A special thanks to SUNKING DISCS SPORTS especially. The best disc golf dealer in florida!!!
The newest version of the schedule (8.8) lists lists a new course for my division (Pro GM): Fort Custer. The PDGA Course Directory doesn't list Fort Custer. Has Ft. Custer been installed? Could we get a basic rundown (location, course map, degree of completion, etc.) from someone involved with Worlds?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968