www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

OK, how many of you are going to attend the 2008 Worlds in Lansing Michigan? How many of you have taken the time and looked at what the courses look like? Well I have looked and it looks like on most holes that they just took a big front end loader or a bulldozer and rode thru the woods. . The fairway are from 4 to 14 feet wide, very few field shots, and no down hill or off a cliff shots. Some of the courses do not have concrete or even rubber mats. If these are championship course, the people in Michigan should get out of state more often. Playing in the World's one would expect to play on real championship courses. These course are far from that. Now lets hear from the locals in Lansing.

Tags: Michigan

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last weekend I played a tourney at Oshtemo. It is a really fine course-in a long, tough, technical way. It is worthy of a World Championships.

The best score posted was 5 under par (by Worlds TD Larry Labond) and that weighed in as a 1060 rated round. A 1000 rated round was one to two over par. There are only a handful of easy deuces and lots of tough pars. I think it is really well designed and very fun to play (well, more fun to play if you play it well).

Geoff Bennett won the Open division with two rounds under par. That is fine shooting.

Can my division play this course for all our preliminary rounds?
yep.
912 rated sure, 60 yrs also. PDGA-554. If it was possible to go back past 2001 on the pdga website you would see wayyyyyy more than the 2 tourneys last year. If you want to talk about credibility, I suggest responding with a little less of the "I think...." , "I'm not sure..." "I don't think..." "maybe....".
Ludington 2014!
Ludington has some fine courses but it takes a lot more than courses to run a Worlds. Mostly importantly it takes a strong, deep, talented and committed Club (or alliance of clubs). It is not for any of us to decide whether someone else should take on that huge responsibility.
Thanks for your reply Jeff. I get slandered because I cannot see these courses as World Championship courses. Playing through the woods is not what disc golf is about. But if this all that you have to call a disc golf course then to you it is a disc golf course. If ball golf was played as they have to play disc golf then most would not be playing ball golf. No where do they put objects in the fairway of a ball golf course. Bunkers yes, but no four foot fairways.
Playing through the woods is not what disc golf is about.

Actually it is...However, I do agree with you, a world championship course should have more well defined fairways...as opposed to poke and hope shots. but, without knowing the courses being played or standing there actually looking down the fairway of each hole, I can't comment on what courses you guys are supposed to play.
Keep in mind... pictures may be worth 1000 words but they generally lack depth or dimension.
Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

With that said, give the tourney and its staff a chance. There are some great courses and people in Kalamazoo, Michigan and 08 worlds will be an enjoyable experience. Turns out "I HEARD" a rumor that everyone who is in a specific division plays the same courses...

...so its fair for everyone?

Love you bye.
Paul garton wrote: " Arguing on the internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded"
That is funny stuff.

To have rational discussion with rational people is a different proposition. The rule I like better is: Never waste your time arguing with fools. It seems most folks on this site are pretty rational (even those who disagree with me).

It is true that everyone in a given division will play the same holes on the same courses. If everyone threw right handed backhanded then it would be fair.
True, thats why I left the question mark on their at the end. I do agree with you there, and everywhere else I have read your posts for that matter. Keep up the good work by the way. From what I have seen posted on here and when I obsered your actions at tournaments in Michigan, I believe you are a true pro on and off the course. Keep up with the comments and helping new disc golfers, the lifestyle(sport for some) needs people like yourself to draw others in to our obsession and teach them the correct way to play and conduct themselves.

Thanx Mark,
Paul Garton #26317

P.S. Go Discraft(its scary living in Innova country)
Better get some Discraft up in Maine, haven't seen any yet..
Paul,
Thank you for the kind words. You, and all who serve our country in the military, risk your lives for our security. I just throw frisbees. So somebody here deserves thanks.

Thanks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968