www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am looking at buying some new shoes for golfing.....anyone try out keen shoes?? my son has a pair that I really like. Anyone throw in them??? soles look like they would hold up for a while.

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Keen is sponsoring the Beaver State Fling, a National Tour Event, big time. So, to answer your question, yes. Keen is very good for Disc Golf.
Sorry, love the "slip ons", but their shoes are crap. No lateral support, midsole to soft. I'd stay away from them!
I got Targhee 2's. They didn't make it through 24 holes before the tread separated. I got Keen to send me a new pair and superglued them back together. 2 frankensteined shoes for the price of 1, is probably not bad in the end.
I've got two different Keen styles I play in. One is more sport sole, and one is more 'walker' sole. I'm a believer. Comfortable and durable.

Full disclosure: 1) I may not play quite as much as some that have commented here, and 2) I have a throwing style that doesn't stress shoes the way others do. 3) I also have some Merrells I like, but haven't used them for disc yet.

The construction has held up really well. I just got rid of my first pair, not because they were falling apart, but because the cushioning had become compacted so they weren't providing the same bounce for all the previous miles of tramping. Definitely got my money's worth out of those. That's a great shoe.
I have a pair of Targhee 2's that have lasted over a year playing all year round, tread is still there but wearing out, still very comfortable shoes. I am about to buy a pair of Keen Newports, a little cheaper $75 and still built about the same shoe with less aggressive tread that will wear better on concrete pads but still keep you from biting it on wet grass. $35-50 shoes are good until they are giving you painful blisters on the back of your heel, and ripping apart after a few hard rounds, or get water logged. I would rather just pay the $70-100 once for the year and get it over with.
I just bought a pair of columbia pagora's and there comfortable but only after 5 rounds ive torn the left toe alil and u can see significant wear from my spin, traction is amazing thou no slip at all
My Columbia's are falling apart after a year also, they are still comfortable and have great grip, but I'm going to try something else this go-round. I've been looking at the Bite shoes and Vibram.
I've been playing in Keene's Newport H2's for over a year now and love 'em!

Open back and sides but closed toes, "breathable", good traction, ready for water hazards.

Yep, i'd recommend 'em
I love my pair of Keen Newport Trails. They are the most comfortable and athletic waterproof boot that I could possibly find. And believe me, I spent too long looking for the perfect shoe. My last pair were Merrell Chameleons and they were also great, but were not waterproof and thus became dingy and stinky from getting soaked all the time...especially since don't usually let the elements deter my playing.

Long story short, I would highly recommend the Newport Trails, but after playing in them and checking out many others, I'd also recommend other shoes by Keen as well. But, I know people who like Merrell and Salomon as well. You should take into consideration whether you want a shoe or boot, and whether or not you want to keep your feet dry. (I've heard Keen Dry may be the new GoreTex.) Plus, there's also something to say for picking a shoe that fits your taste.

Oh yeah, I also took a relative of mine, who is a Pedorthist (shoe expert), to the store with me to check out their shoes and boots for disc golf and she picked out the Keens as the best made shoe that also provided the most support for your feet. Given that I was already leaning towards the Keens, my decision was easy, and I haven't regretted it one bit. Those shoes are awesome!

For me, it's Keen all the way.
I have played in Merrell, Solomon, Nike, Columbia, Adidas, and Dunham. My Merrells always tore after about 4-6 months of play. The soles of the Nike, Columbia, and Adidas wore out really quick but had great grip. The Dunhams were too heavy to play comfortably. The Solomons were great until they broke in...approximately a year of wear, now they have little support in the ankle and across the foot. The nice thing about Merrells was that they are the most comfortable out of all the shoes.
Hi,
Can you say me what type of shoes for golfing should i take.
Bump

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968