www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am looking at buying some new shoes for golfing.....anyone try out keen shoes?? my son has a pair that I really like. Anyone throw in them??? soles look like they would hold up for a while.

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember trying them a couple of years ago. The soles were laminated, and started to come apart after awhile for me. Don't know if they are made differently now, but I do remember they were comfortable.
I use Keens for casual rounds at my local in-town course, they're great for light duty and grassy areas. Super lightweight and comfortable BUT I had to switch to Solomons for the rougher wooded courses around here in the Carolinas because I felt I needed more protection for my feet. When you are climbing over and around a 5 foot scrub pile that you just know there is a snake or six in, as well as the thorns, brambles and general plant-nasties an errand drive can find, I just feel more secure with a tougher shoe, even if I am sacrificing comfort a little.
They're comfortable out of the box - I just bought a pair & have played two tourneys in them - super shoes for wide feet. I'm sure thay won't last long but no shoe I play in does.
I have been throwing with Keen shoes for years now, and I love them. The big rubber toe really holds well. Plus they wear into also like slippers. They are the only things I wear.
Keens & Merrells seem to be popular... I wear Solomon's.

Check out Scheels if there's one close to you.
Been looking at them (Keen). The rubber front looks good.
Concrete tee pads kill shoes...
Wearing Hi-Tec brand cost only $39.99 at Sports Authority.
The Keen shoe online is around $100 or more.
Will the Keen shoe last twice as long?
I bought some keen shoes (not the sandal type) mid-summer last year. After playing regularly in them since then, I've just begun to see some wear, but I tend to drag the inner sole of my left foot on the teepad, and that's where the wear is. I can't imagine a shoe that wouldn't wear in the same place for me. My only complaint is that they can get warm, I wished they breathed a bit better. Beyond that they've been comfy and lightweight.
Which style did you get? Truckee?
Cost? Don't mind paying if quality...
Like my Disc Player products.
Yeah, they are truckee's. Can't remember exactly what I paid - more than likely around $100 or so.
I swear by my merrell shoes. I have 2 pairs and Im planning to get another pair very soon. Make sure to get ones with the gortex waterproofing. The vibram soles are amazing and last a long time, even when throwing on cement tees. They are worth the money, come in lots of cool designs, and are super comfortable. I wear them on and off the course now.
I finally got some new disc golf shoes.......went around and round deciding whether to plop a lot of dough on some shoes. Finally got some new kicks! went to Bivouac in Ann Arbor and talked to the manager, Chris ( a fellow huker), and he stated that keens are nice but offer little traction. He advised checking out "Kayland ayra event low" shoes.....so far can't be happier.. Kaylan is a company that makes lots of mountaineering equipment....waterproof, comfortable, and well built! only got a half dozen rounds in them and they feel great. will keep ya posted on how long they last! Check out Kaylands if you are in the market for new shoes.
If you finding for golf shoes then I can provide you best place for this.
golf shoes - golf clubs

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968