www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been searching for a putter I like since I started playing about 2 years ago and still havent found one....

I've used birdies, aviars, challengers, magnets, wizards, warlocks, magics, pole cats, xd's and a few others...

So the question is, whats your putter and how many did you go through before you finally settled on it?

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i like a good old DX Aviar. its the only putter ive really used ta boot.
Tried quite a few myself also. started with an aviar and a few years ago fell in love with the Ching JuJu, but since I have discovered and improved my straddle putt I am digging my Pro Challenger.
but I keep my JuJu for the longer putts.

I think I struggled more with my putting STYLE moreso than which disc I used. I bought about 10 different used putters from Play-it-again sports when I got my practice basket and with few exceptions they all seemed similiar. so when I developed my style it just came down to which putter ended up feeling more comfortable with and consistant.
Nice reply... I think thats the same situation I'm in. It seem I get a putter, and I'm "hot" with it for a few rounds, then it begins to fall off.

I find myself blaming the putter rather than technique.

I straddle putted for a while, then switched to the way where you fully extend your leg backwards as you putt.

I'm coming around on my straddle putt again, but I lack alot of consistency. It seems one round I'll hit everything, and the next I cant hit a 20 footer to save my life.

I recently invested in a skillshot too, which should improve my putting once I have some time to use it (damn exams)
I would agree with these posts. I personally use Soft wizards to putt with and Medium wizards to throw off the tee and upshots. They are the best off the tee.
I also agree i think it's the putt you're unhappy with, not the putter. for play i use a dx aviar (skull print) and a champ rhyno. the avair is my go to and the rhyno is when i need something more stable for wind , longer approaches, or a strong hyzer. for practice i use 3 avairs (a glow and a star plus the dx), a dx aero, the rhyno, and a z - challenger.
I suggest getting a target, a basket works great but lawn chairs or broom sticks work too. then take all of those putters you're tried and throw 100 or so putts a week (some folks will say 100 a day but that's a little time consuming). i'm sure you'll find the right putt and right putter to go with it.
I had it drilled into my head that I don't need a basket to practice, just a pole or 4X4. But on to putters, I really like my pro challenger and soft magnet. I like the challenger for 50+ ft shots. I am curious about the "straddle put" and other methods you are mentioning? I use what works for the particular shot?!? If I need to step outward as far as possible, I straddle put... otherwise I do what makes me the most comfortable.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968