www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I started the discussion about pet peeves on the course. Lets go the other direction and talk about our favorite things about this great game.

Views: 8

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love Disc Golf when it is not too crowded !!!
The freedom to jump from hole to hole, unlike regular golf where you get pushed to hurry up, or are held back by the players in front of you, you can skip, chill or go to a whole 'nother hole. Oh yeah, for some reason beer tastes so much better when you're out there, don't know why, don't care, just accept it!
The solitude on the days when not too many people are playing. The wildlife such as the deer and the turkey. Yimmi, a boxer that belongs to one of the local dog walkers, always happy to see you. The shade of the pecan grove at the local course.
Improving and getting better has been my favorite thing.
I tell people who say they suck that they are going to have the most fun improving!
Keeping score and bettering your score is a big thrill.
To score par on any course is exciting.
To finally break par at a course you have played often is very rewarding!
I approach it like this. Under par-I win, Par-Tie, Over par, The course wins.
Now, can you beat the course or is the course still winning.
There are ways to learn a course and beat it.
If one hole is giving you problems, practice that hole over and over until it is your favorite hole.
If one putt is giving your trouble, work on that putt until it is your strongest.
Learn your discs in an open field and apply what you learn to the course!
I think mini short stories can be written on this topic. I'm sure everyone has touched on just about everything in this post thus far. Too be simple, I just love being outside whether it be windy, rainy, snowy, sunny, etc. and just playing with my friends. I love the way a disc will fly when you throw that line and thread the needle and not hit any trees. The sound of chains on a hole in one and everyone else cheering for you when they see it happen. So many other things....sigh
playing a course for the first time, especially if its a casual road trip
making putts outside 50ft
S-curve forehand saves
finishing an event strong
running our club monthlies
great new friends
new courses in our area
I still have to say that my favorite thing about them is how hard they will pull to the right when turned over (RHBH).
Exercise, fun!!!, low cost, fresh air and great scenery - these are a few of my favorite things! Plus, almost anyone can play regardless of age or ability and still enjoy the game. I love disc golf!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968