www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've been using a aviar big bead for the whole 2.5 years I've been playing. I just discovered the beauty of the wizard yesterday. They one I borrowed for a few minutes was really firm and slick, but then again, so are my Star aviars. On ebay, there are so many different firm/softness's available, that I am in limbo on which to try first.

I want something that has a nice "dry" and "gritty" grip, grabs chains decently, will not crumble apart after a few months. The chalky black ones look nice, so do the green eco models.

For a few months, I threw a SSS warlock that I received in a players pack, but over that short ammount of time, It turned into a real slick and smooth feel. I didn't like how tacky it was in the begining anyhow.

A few guys I play with in Daytona swear by the wizard, and I see why now. Any suggestions on which to try first would be appreciated.

do the chalky wizards hold up well, and same with the green eco models...

Tags: putter, soft, super, wizard

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

..inquiring minds wanna know. Thinking about trying one as well. How do they hold up?
I think Dave McCormack said there are 9 (or was it 10?) different levels of firmness for the Wizard, God knows how many different plastics there are. ??? I have a bunch of Wizards I've had for years, and they are all different in one way or another. I'm not dissing the Wiz ... It's just not in my bag now. IMO the Wizard is the best "driving" putter out there.

Not a huge difference from one Aviar to the next. I like things simple. Makes it easy to practice with 6-10 discs (same plastic).

If you need more than one Wizard ... make sure you buy from the shop, and tell them they all need to be the same. Good luck with that.
Dave claims there are 10 differant wizards. But literally there is like 16-17. I prefer super soft. some prefer evolution plastic.

I have a few chalkys that i will not leave home without. My chalky wizard and my chalky magic.

Best bet is to go to a shop who sells them and start pawing through them. but when you find one you like get a couple of them cause it will be hard to get those runs again.
with the grip you want, I'll recommend the pro plastic putters from discraft
I do like that line of plastic, but again, I am wondering about the wizards made by gateway. I really like the buzz in the cheap plastic. It has great grip.
I have a few wizards a magic and a few warlocks. Wizards are my favorite by far..

I have a soft wizard which is actually pretty hard and I guess you could say "slick". I dont putt with it much, mostly an off the tee and on longer approaches. I throw them on a slight anhyzer and they always come back and hyzer for me, so nice little S shot approaches. You can also put them on just about any line you want, especially once they beat in a bit.

Make sure you check them out in a shop before you go ordering them, they are deceiving in the names of softness. Soft was actually pretty hard for what I expected, and my super stupid soft I was able to bend in half like a taco.

If you like the bead go wizard, if you dont try a magic or warlock, but I suggest either super soft or soft. SSS is far too soft in my opinion.
I throw a regular Wizard, and have seen the soft wizards are nice. It doesn't matter - ditch the Aviar & just buy a wizard, period. LOL
i love the plain old soft wizard. they start off stiff but they get to be very excellent after u break them in. i like the green eco ones cuz they are chalky and smell like maple syrup. :)
Wizards are money. I throw a White medium 170 off the teepad and for approaches and putt with a Black soft 175 with a big silver reflective stamp.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968