www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

or is there something like this somewhere I have missed? Ebay is great, but not really what I was thinking.

I have plenty of dics, some new..some used, lying around that I would gladly trade for discs that I would prefer to have.

I would like something that had a "search" function to make it easy to find someone looking for a disc I may have or a disc I may be looking for.
and even narrow it down to people in my state or city if I wanted to for example.

I know I can "search" thru message boards here and on the pdga site and places like ebay.
but I think something more specific for traders..not just buy/sell would be cool.

any thoughts?

Tags: trade

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We could do this through a group, but since there are so many people from all over the place we'll need to recruit a bunch of people to join. Maybe slice it up in the group forum by location. I'm definitely down to trade some or buy some discs.
not a bad idea, but it still wouldnt be searchable or easy to navigate. even in a group it would be the same as me posting "disc for trade" on here or the pdga site or other disc golf club sites.

I'm curious if there is anything Terry could look at to build into this site, or even if there are enough people here that would use something like that if it was available.

I know there are tons of you out there that have hundreds of discs just sitting around.

I'm a pack rat so I get some wierd "comfort" lvl from having stuff around, but I'd rather have stuff I could use.

I guess what I'm getting at, and I'm just starting to go back to school for my sys admin and headed towards a DBA so I'm not sure what type of database and what the parameters would need to be. But it would be cool if I could just put in my searchable information and wait for matches.

for example :
lets say I had a 2007 am worlds fundraiser Squall and a 11x KC Dx Roc offered to trade and was looking for a crystal Z Buzzz. I could enter that into the database and wait. when/if anyone else put in that they had a crystal Z Buzzz to trade and was looking for one of the discs I offered the database would consider that a match and send an email or other form of notification to both parties.

does that sound cool? or like to much of a pain in the A*@ ??
http://www.discgolfersr.us/group/disctrader

Check it out. each member posts what they have up to trade or what they are looking for. That way when you search the nav bar at the top for "trade" or "wizard trade Napa" you would be directed to the group where that disc is up for trade.
cool. thats a start :) hopefully it will grow.
Also check discaroo.com. Its a free trading website for all discers. I have done a few trades with it and the site is pretty sweet. Has a search function with categories such as plastic type, manufacturer, disc, and disc type (driver, mid, putter) I definitely suggest trying it out!
Thats awesome!!! exactly what I was looking for!!!
but I guess I wish there was a link to this ( discaroo) on this site or the pdga site, but I guess that would go against the corporate idea of continuing to sell discs :)
GO TO DISCAROO.COM. There are many people there that would like to trade with you. I have traded three times with no problem.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968