www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I run a disc league for a group of high schoolers/college kids. I need help on finding an effective way to score the league, as far as points for each week goes, etc. We did this last year and the scoring was not very effective, as the first place team only got 1 more point than the second place team, no matter how many strokes they won by.

We'relooking for a better way to do accumulative score. Any one have any experience or any ideas for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cody, I'd be interested too...

I run a small town rec league, and am scoring individually... I have everyone in a spreadsheet, w/ columns for each week - and an average column on the right. I'm entering everyone's scores in a +1/-1 fashion. Once I enter everyone's scores, I can highlight the data, and sort by average or scores for that week.

In this spreadsheet, you could then add another column to keep a cumulative score, too!

http://www.hendersonassoc.com/j/discgolfleague.xlsx
That sounds like something I might be interested in. Your link is a dead link though. It says page cannot be found. You should try to fix it so I can take a look.
Here’s an idea to think about. Or at least …open some possible avenues. If your league is based on handicap or broke down into individual Divisional play, try a ‘points scale’ system. Whereas, players are awarded 1 point for every player they beat in a given round/division. Beat 10 players in a 10 player division…get 10 points. Most points wins at the end of the season.

Then throw in a 1 2 3 bonus system. 3 points for lowest scratch round and/or handicaped round, 2 points for second lowest, etc. This format could be calculated after every round or for the whole season or both.

Then add a 1 2 3 system for lowest average over the course of the season. Lowest gets 3, etc.

Maybe other bonuses …like awarding an Ace with a bonus point.

We’ve had a few skill challenge type events, put on by Chain Lenks, where each event had a points scale assigned to it. So think a little about a points scale or points awarded type system.

There are ways to do it to keep a lot of interest in participating, without being extremely complicated to keep track of. Good luck and let us know what you come up with.
USE THE DGU WEBSITE!!! One person is in charge of entering in the scores for everyone that played that week and within mins the handicap is created and it can be used for any course that is played as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968