www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just thought this survey was cool, if you want to fill it out go for it, add to it too if you think of other stuff.

Here's mine :P

The Basics

Name Patrick Blazek
PDGA # 25325
Do you play disc golf? Um it's my life
How often do you play in a week? Lately 3-5 times
How many years have you been playing? 8 Years
What's your disc golf alias? Blazer, Johnny Blaze, Blazin (anything to do with my last name)
What's your favorite thing about disc golf? I always have a blast, I get to be outdoors, it's free to play, tournaments, meeting people, getting to play with the top pros in the world and much much more

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? About 19, 3 Buzzzs, 1 Comet, 1 D Drone, 1 ESP Meteor, 1 ESP Surge, 1 ESP Pulse, 1 ESP Predator, 3 Z Predators, 1 DGA Rogue, 2 Z Trackers, 1 Z Flick, 1 ESP Flash, 1 ESP Force, 1 Z Crush (5 years old, great roller), 2Challengers
What's your favorite driver? Ugghh That's tough, but I'd have to say the Predator, you can pretty much do anything you need to do with this disc and get out of trouble most of time.
What do you putt with? Beat-In 2006 Mile High Classic Stamped D-Challenger
What's your favorite plastic? Definitely ESP for certain discs and Z-Plastic for others
What kind of disc golf bag do you have? Revolution Carolina Team Edition
What's your favorite disc manufacturer? DISCRAFT (Obviously)
Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? Hell Yeah Phenix Dual Strap Quad Shocks

The Courses

What's your favorite course? Umm ha that's hard. I'd just have to say Hays, Kansas (Frontier Park). It's the course I grew up on and it's amazing(maybe not the best but definitely a beautiful course) and it was one of the first courses established in the Nation
What's your home course? Hays, Kansas (Frontier Park)
Which course do you plan on visiting next?
McPherson, Thorpe Park, and Snowbowl (Aspen Sports Treebash - Flagstaff,AZ)
How many courses does your hometown have?
Depends on what you consider my hometown, (Hays, Kansas - 1-18hole course and a 9 hole course), (Denver, Colorado - 7-18Hole courses and 2-9Hole Courses), (Las Vegas - 4-18Hole Courses but only one is half way decent (Sunset Park))

The Tournament Life

How many PDGA tournaments have you played? 54 so Far Since 2004
How many have you placed in? Placed In? Well I played Intermediate/Advanced up until a year ago and I placed in (22 outta 27), as a Pro I've cashed in (15 outta 27)
How many tournaments have you placed first in? (Pro - 2) (Advanced - 5)
What's your rating? 984 (I'm hoping 995+ with the June update)
How many aces do you have? 14
What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? Aspen Sports Treebash, Flagstaff, AZ (May 31st - June1st)
High Plains Challenge, Fort Morgan, CO (June 14th - June 15th)
Are you sponsored by any companies? Yeah DD - Dynamic Discs and I'm hoping for Discraft in the near future :P
Who's your favorite pro women? I'd have to say Val Jenkins, She always looks like she's havin fun and she's amazing for only being 22. O yeah she can throw freegin far too!
Who's your favorite pro male? That's a toughy but I'd have to say Ken Climo, he is what the sport is all about and you can't ask for much than that. But I also idolize Mike Randolph(Colorado Native DISCRAFT sponsored) and Avery Jenkins (Innova Sponsored). These other two guys are amazing and also just have the best attitudes on and off the course.

Tags: Disc, Golf, Statistics, Survey

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Name Jeff Kiel
PDGA # 36287
Do you play disc golf? Whats the point of this question
How often do you play in a week? 4
How many years have you been playing? 2
What's your disc golf alias? Happy, and boyscout,
What's your favorite thing about disc golf? Throwing far

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? About 13 of various brands. I can never understand why unsponsered players only throw one brand of discs. Its just a disc. How technologicly advanced can they possibly get over the other company.
What's your favorite driver? My TaylorMade R7 CGB max. And my Destroyer.
What do you putt with? WIZARDS BABY.
What's your favorite plastic? Innova star is perfect.
What kind of disc golf bag do you have? A Black one
What's your favorite disc manufacturer? Innova. For the variety and disc to disc consistency
Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? If it's that important to you...Backpack

The Courses

What's your favorite course? Victor Ashe in Knoxville.
What's your home course? Tuscawilla in Daytona Beach. And Northside in Gainesville.
Which course do you plan on visiting next? Ocala greenway
How many courses does your hometown have? 2

The Tournament Life

How many PDGA tournaments have you played? 3
How many have you placed in? none
How many tournaments have you placed first in? none
What's your rating? My mom says I am #1
How many aces do you have? 1
What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? Daytona open
Are you sponsored by any companies? no
Who's your favorite pro women? Val Jenkins. A very consistent and strong throwing person. And she is so sexy
Who's your favorite pro male? GG. He is sexy too. Plus, He lives on hole 2 at my course. And we win doubles together.
When I stop laughing...I'll think about my answers.
The Basics

Name B.J. McGaha
PDGA # not yet but very soon
Do you play disc golf? Yes
How often do you play in a week? 4-5
How many years have you been playing? 2 Years
What's your disc golf alias? BJangsta or just Jangsta
What's your favorite thing about disc golf? Being outside, Playing with the wind, helping others who just started playing.

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? 15-17
What's your favorite driver? Star Wraith or Star Destroyer
What do you putt with? Super Soft Wizard
What's your favorite plastic? Pro, I like the way if feels, but it's not durable.
What kind of disc golf bag do you have? Innova Deluxe Bag...I think
What's your favorite disc manufacturer? Innova/Millenium, Gateway
Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? ofcoures, Dual Shocks

The Courses

What's your favorite course? Sharp Springs, Smyrna TN
What's your home course? Victor Ashe Park, Knoxvill TN
Which course do you plan on visiting next? Maybe Richmond Hills in Asheville NC.
How many courses does your hometown have? Knoxville has 3, Oak Ridge has 2, so 5 in the area with 1 more coming to Ktown.

The Tournament Life

How many PDGA tournaments have you played? 3
How many have you placed in? Placed In? 3
How many tournaments have you placed first in? 0
What's your rating? don't know, for The Lakefront Open in Kingsport TN, I shot 901 overall.
How many aces do you have? 2
What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? Volunteer Classic, Knoxville TN. Skeeter Heater in Smyrna TN, Rutherford County Classic, Murphreesboro and Smyrna. Possible a few in between those.
Are you sponsored by any companies? NO
Who's your favorite pro women? No Favorite, It's just sexy period.
Who's your favorite pro male? Probably people I have played with before. Steve Brinster- My friend went to highschool with him and I got to play a round with him. Will (shoestring) Schusterick- Local kid, Played alot with him and his dad when I first started.
Do you remember what you shot at Victor Ashe? just curious
I played that course on vacation when I had only been playing for a few months. so probably around 10-15 over....yeah i know.

btw: why is this thread in the lost and found section
The Basics

Name Rick Korab
PDGA # 24671
Do you play disc golf? I take breaks to work eat and sleep
How often do you play in a week? Lately 3-5 times
How many years have you been playing? 6 Years
What's your disc golf alias? the OG
\What's your favorite thing about disc golf? The great disc golf community's you can find all over the country.

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? 12-16

Putters: Soft Wizard
Roc's: 92' San Marino, 9X, 03' CE, DX, Ontario DX, Champ Gator
Mid Range Driver's: 11X Teebird, Star TL,5X Valk, CE Valk,
Driver's: Destroyer, Tee-Rex, 1st Run Xcaliber, 06' CFR Wraith, Star Wraith

What's your favorite driver? For all out Distance, 06' CFR Wraith, Distance/Accur, Destroyer
Accur, Xcaliber

What do you putt with? Soft Wizard, Champ Gator, 9X Roc
What's your favorite plastic? 9X roc, whatever that is
What kind of disc golf bag do you have? Gateway BackPack
What's your favorite disc manufacturer? Innova
Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? BackPack

The Courses

What's your favorite course? I have many but the one that will always be most special to me would be Delaveaga in Santa Cruz. I was there on vacation with my parents and ended up joining 3 locals for an afternoon of the best DG holes and atmospher I have ever seen.
What's your home course? UAH
Which course do you plan on visiting next?
Tishimongo, MS
How many courses does your hometown have?
We have 6 courses within 20 miles of each other, soon to be 9 within a year.

The Tournament Life

How many PDGA tournaments have you played? prolly around 20 or so
How many have you placed in? Placed In? I think i havent placed in 3 or 4
How many tournaments have you placed first in?2
What's your rating?927
How many aces do you have? 6
What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? Rocket City Blast May 24, 25

Are you sponsored by any companies? GDISC
Who's your favorite pro women? I will always love you, Juliana
Who's your favorite pro male? I have a few. My cuzo Pete Wyngaard, GG, Johny E. McCray, Coach Coon, Sr GrandMaster
The Basics

Name john ryan
PDGA # 34991
Do you play disc golf? everyday
How often do you play in a week? Lately again everyday
How many years have you been playing? 4 years
What's your disc golf alias? that guy with a long arm
What's your favorite thing about disc golf?meeting other golfers and the sound of the chains

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? About 19, 1 Buzzz, 2 destroyer,1 gator,2 lepaords,1 sl ,1 viking,1 xcalbier ,4 rhynos 1 dx roc, 1 dx coyote ,1dx panther ,1 roadrunner,1status

What's your favorite driver? star destroyer
What do you putt with? pro rhyno
What's your favorite plastic?star
What kind of disc golf bag do you have? Revolution Carolina Team Edition
What's your favorite disc manufacturer? innova
Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? Phenix Dual Strap Quad Shocks

The Courses

What's your favorite course? flat rocks Lancaster Ohio
What's your home course? Bryan Ohio- recreation park
Which course do you plan on visiting next?bryan

How many courses does your hometown have? none closest one is 25 mins away

The Tournament Life

How many PDGA tournaments have you played?
How many have you placed in? i have cashed in every tournament i have been in
How many tournaments have you placed first in? just 1
How many aces do you have? 5
What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? veinna open ,veinna ohio

Are you sponsored by any companies? nope
Who's your favorite pro women? Val Jenkins
Who's your favorite pro male? barry Schultz's i guess

Tags: golf, survey, disc, statistics
The Basics:
Name: Marcus Ranii-Dropcho
PDGA#:20734
Years Playing: 10 or 11
My Fav Thing: When you can a 65 foot jump putt solidly in the chains; running up and grabbing your disc hanging loosely in the center chain rack!

The Bag:
Revolution Carolina Team Bag-Yellow with Grey secondary. (Great bag!)
Discs: 2 APX Swirls, 2 Challengers (One FLX and one Soft), 2 Buzzes (One FLX and one Crystal Z), 1 DX Roc, 1 DX 10 year old Stingray, 2 Star Wraiths (My favorite driver), 1 Pro Stamped Champion Firebird, 1 Star TeeRex, 1 Star Destroyer.
What's your Favorite Plastic? I can't prefer one, I use them all.
What's our favorite Disc Manufactuer? Innova
Shoulder Strap? Phenix Quadshock

The Courses:
Fav Course? Moraine State Park, if you haven't been to Pittsburgh to play, you are missing out. 3 world class courses and a fourth coming at Moraine South Shore. (Worlds Anyone?) Pros such as, Val Jenkins, Barry Schultz, Kevin McCoy, Elaine King, Jim Myers, Joe Mela, have all raved about the PFDO courses, Moraine and Knob Hill Park.
Home Course? Knob Hill (15 Minutes)
Which Course do you plan on visiting next? Brent Hambrick Memorial. I have already been there before, but I'm going up there next weekend to play. Then to Kalamazoo for worlds!
Hometown Courses? 9 (4 -18 hole courses and 5 -9 hole courses.

The Tournament Life
How many tournaments? I would have to estimate on this one and say like 35.
Placed? I won a bunch of Intermediate tourneys, A couple of advanced tournaments, but yet to win a supertour advanced. Next year. (Sidenote: won 2005 World Champs <13 division.)
Player Rating? 940
Aces? 3
Sponsored? No
Pro Woman? Val Jenkins
Pro Male? Jay Gobrecht, he wins, a lot.

I'm 15 and love this sport!
Sideside note: I am a two time current defending mini golf champion!
Name Donnie Reece

PDGA # Not yet a member but signing up soon!

Do you play disc golf? A lot actually. Use to be a good ball golfer (5 handicap), now i have given it up for the disc.

How often do you play in a week? About 5 rounds a week (preparring for first big tournament)

How many years have you been playing? 1 year

What's your disc golf alias? well on the local message board and disc golf course review I am known as Bornabuckeye. So naturally some know me as buckeye and I have been called Ohio. (I am from Cleveland OH).

What's your favorite thing about disc golf? Me and my pals get to hang out and have fun. Im extremely competitive so that helps. Free so the wife condones it. Im a pretty good player so I always feel i have a shot or can make the shot of the day. I can take my dog and play by myself and still have fun.

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? Idk, maybe about 20. I have 3 beasts one of each plastic, I have a talon and a crush. I have 2 wraiths, a roadrunner, a valk, rhyno, cro, roc, starfire, two teerexs and a tee bird. Probably a couple others as well.

Favorite Driver? Either my talon, beast, or Star Teerex. Depends on the shot.

What do you putt with? Pro Rhyno or my DX cro

What's your favorite plastic? No preference. I like different plastics for different discs and shots. Carry a mix of all kinds. If i had to choose one and make all of my disc that type of plastic, I would go with Champion I guess. I throw a mean tomahawk so when I throw those I like to use the Dx stuff because if it takes a beating they are cheap to replace.

What kind of disc golf bag do you have? Innova 15-20 disc bag.

What's your favorite disc manufacturer? Innova is the one I am used to, but being a side arm thrower I am warming to discraft. (there disc seem better suited to sidearm throwers with the surge, crush, and talon.

Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? nope, dont think i really need one.

The Courses

What's your favorite course? Well I have only played a handful but out of the ones I have played it has to be either Perkerson (temp course here in Atlanta, if it ever gets put in watch out it could be great!) or dies Hill in Ohio.

What's your home course? JP moseley (McDonough Ga)

Which course do you plan on visiting next? Deerlick, the Ed Hendrick Memorial and Winthrop gold (friend goes to school there so I am planning on going up there for a weekend by the end of the summer.)

How many courses does your hometown have? About 3 within 20 minutes, maybe 10 within 45min.

The Tournament Life

How many PDGA tournaments have you played? Play first one in August.

How many have you placed in? Placed third in my first and only tournament (JP moseley Ice bowl- Inter. Am division.)

How many tournaments have you placed first in? 1

What's your rating? 0 right now, not yet a member

What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? Hotlanta B tier

Are you sponsored by any companies? no

Who's your favorite pro women? Only know Val whom I met on this website, so her I guess.

Who's your favorite pro male? Geoff Bennett - Side armers have to stick together and Cale lavieska(cant spell it) but that beast can throw.
The Basics

Name Bryce Hill
PDGA not yet
Do you play disc golf? Hell ya.
How often do you play in a week? 3-5 times
How many years have you been playing? 3 Months
What's your disc golf alias? Hardcore Hyzer, Awesumcdn
What's your favorite thing about disc golf? Being outdoors, meeting new people, and throwing plastic at trees, and the sounds of "ching"

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? All of them about 15
What's your favorite driver? Right now im throwing a star sidewinder which is workin for me, also a champion banshee
What do you putt with? Aviar P&A
What's your favorite plastic? Not sure yet
What kind of disc golf bag do you have? Innova Competition Bag
What's your favorite disc manufacturer? not sure yet
Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? Phenix Quad Shocks are on the list

The Courses

What's your favorite course? For now my home course
What's your home course? Mohawk Park, Brantford, Ontario
Which course do you plan on visiting next? Bronte Provincial Park, Oakville Ontario, I would also like to play Maple Hill in MA.
How many courses does your hometown have? 1 but lots with in an hour or 2

The Tournament Life

How many tournaments have you played? 1
How many have you placed in? 1, tied for second in AM3
How many tournaments have you placed first in? 0
What's your rating? dont have one yet
How many aces do you have? 0
What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? Bronte and the Beast, Oakville, Ontario July 19-20
Are you sponsored by any companies? Not yet but free plastic would always be cool :P
Who's your favorite pro women? I dont know enough about them to pick a fav.
Who's your favorite pro male? I dont know enough about them to pick a fav.
Name jason rubito
PDGA # n/a
do you play disc golf ? would i be filling this out if i didnt ?
How often do you play in a week? 4
How many years have you been playing? 3
What's your disc golf alias? beatz
What's your favorite thing about disc golf? the sound of the chains man !!!!!!!

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? 20 give or take depending on the course
What's your favorite driver? Ce Valk
What do you putt with? Wizards and magics of course.
What's your favorite plastic? supersoft
What kind of disc golf bag do you have? revolution carolina bag
What's your favorite disc manufacturer? Gateway
Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? Backpack

The Courses

What's your favorite course? cr farms
What's your home course? dont have one
Which course do you plan on visiting next? havent a clue
How many courses does your hometown have? o but atleast 10 within 30 mins from me

The Tournament Life

How many PDGA tournaments have you played? 0
How many have you placed in? 0
How many tournaments have you placed first in? 4
What's your rating ? some girls give me a 9 but i had one give me a 4 that bitch
What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? Sabattus disc golf MPT event
Are you sponsored by any companies? yes, gateway.
Who's your favorite pro women? Val Jenkins. Could crush me if i played against her and shes hella cute
Who's your favorite pro male? the lumbering mullett, down to earth guy and hes funny as all hell
The Basics

Name Chris Goodrich
PDGA # 36448
Do you play disc golf?
How often do you play in a week? 4-7 depending on weather
How many years have you been playing? 2 Years
What's your disc golf alias? That guy who has dogs who find lost discs (not a very creative one sorry)

The Bag

How many discs do you carry in a round? 21 for practice: 4 proto ss chalky wizards, ss magic, two 8X KC Cheetahs, champ teebird, champ firebird, pro sl, monarch (not sold yet), pro wraith, champ wraith, cfr xcaliber, two cfr destroyers, ce roc, drone, dx stingray, star cobra, cfr gremlin
What's your favorite driver? For accuracy the teebird, for get it out there distance, either the destroyer or the wraith (depending on if I want to kick out or stay straight), cut down to 18 or fewer for tourneys, duplicate throwers get the axe.
What do you putt with? proto chalky wizards
What's your favorite plastic? Depends on the situation, I like the feel of CFR for driving, but softer plastics for shorter shots are nice.
What kind of disc golf bag do you have? innova competition
What's your favorite disc manufacturer? I carry mostly innova, but the discraft I own I like, and gateway is definitely my choice for putters.
Do you have a shoulder strap or backpack strap? Gateway straps

The Courses

What's your favorite course? Right now, the Moose Pretzal in Homer, AK. Beautiful views, and any course that can "pretzal" you is worth playing.
What's your home course? Kenai Eagle, Kenai, AK
Which course do you plan on visiting next? Good question, I'll be playing Kincaid and Russian Jack in the future for a tourney. Not sure if I will be anywhere before then.
How many courses does your hometown have? One

The Tournament Life

How many PDGA tournaments have you played? 5
How many have you placed in? Placed In? 4
How many tournaments have you placed first in? 2
What's your rating? 869
How many aces do you have? 2
What are the next disc golf tournaments you plan on playing? Alaska's End of Season Tourney. October 4th & 5th in Anchorage.
Are you sponsored by any companies? Not at that level yet.
Who's your favorite pro women? Good question
Who's your favorite pro male? No favorite, but I caddied a round in a group with Cale Leiviska, and he was definitely fun to watch. Lots of mental notes for my game.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968