www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Sent out a little survey last night, just for fun. Have about 350 responses in so far, 80 percent of which are from PDGA members. One of the questions asked about people's perceptions of PDGA dues. Here's an informal, preliminary report:

The nonmembers are split ~50:50 between "too high" and "just about right."

The members are ~75 percent "just about right" and ~25 percent "too high" (with a handful of "too low" responses).

Tags: PDGA, dues, survey

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am a current Pdga member and play tournament golf quite frequently. The pdga renew cost is not that steep considering I'm not paying that extra $5 every tournament. Plus it helps the sport. Shell out the cash. It is pretty sad of the percentage of members to actually current members. So I guess the fees are just about right. Have they ever thought about giving discounts to TD's or volunteer "certified officials ?" That probably isn't a bad idea. Might help might not. That's it for me, see ya out on the course. Mike McElroy PDGA # 28888
Mike, those percentages are really quite typical of any association over time. We've looked at various statistics from places like the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE).

For example, my day job employer is a professional association of college and university planners. It's been around since 1966. We don't have member numbers that are publicly used, but we do have them in our database. If we had numbers like the PDGA, we'd be at about #36000; but we have only about 5,400 dues-paid active members.

People die, change areas of interest or jobs, etc., it's normal turnover. If you think about it, for an organization this old, to have as many as 1/3 of all the people who have ever been members currently active is actually pretty good. It indicates lots of recent growth.
Good survey. I got some questions, Terry you may be able to answer. How many paid employees does the PDGA have? How many active members are there? I do see that just about 2800 have ratings.
I don't have completely accurate figures as, despite the claim of some that there's a secret good ole boys network controlling things, I'm no longer on the board and don't have access to up to date numbers. So these are not official!

By the end of this year I expect there will be between 12,000-14,000 dues-paid PDGA members. It's probably around 10,000 at the moment. And maybe as many as 900 PDGA-sanctioned events around the world.

I think there are five full-time, permanent staff people, including one whose job is managing the facilities at the International Disc Golf Center. A number of tasks are done by vendors, to whom work is outsourced, and there are a handful of consultants with specific tasks and pretty minimal compensation.
Yeah, I am so in control of everything that both of my dogs pooped in the kitchen last night!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968