www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which one's better?

Tags: champion, plastic, star

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they are both really good, and very durable! The star tends to be less stable than Champ in a particular mold. But sometimes thats a good thing! I use my star destroyer for drives with no or little wind, but will switch to the cfr destroyer in champ plastic for more windy situations.
Yes Champ is my overall favorite too and discraft Z plastic. Don't foget about FLX plastic especially in the mids its awesome. My SE FLX drone is unreplaceable (with any other disc)!
I'll second this post.
I carry 7 molds, and for a few of them I carry DX, Pro, Star or CH because of the flight differences.
1 CH Gator, 5 Rocs (1 CH, 3 Pro, 1 DX), 2 Teebirds (CE TL, CH T), 3 Orcs (2 Pro, 1 Star, and I need to get another CH Orc), 1 Star Wraith, 1 Star Destroyer, 2-3 Aviars (Pro, Star).
The CH and CE discs I carry because I want that disc to be overstable longer, and like someone said, when they do get broken in, they stay that way for a long time, like the 1st run CE TL ... it's the freakin bomb, and it's the oldest disc in my bag ... yet in the best shape!
I like the feel of the Star plastic and it's grip, but I can't really tell a whole lot of difference between the two unless it's wet. Star is very grippy even when wet, but DX is even better, CH can be kind of slick. I can't play with a lot of DX though because the CO terrain will eat them up! I have to add that Pro, or KC Pro plastic is awesome and some of my favorite discs are KC Pro/Pro plastic.
My one and only gripe with Star is that it occasionally "cuts" easier than CH. Hitting a sharp basalt/volcanic rock with a Star discs can really suck. I've had to replace a couple of really nice discs because of this.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968