www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Which one's better?

Tags: champion, plastic, star

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

they are both really good, and very durable! The star tends to be less stable than Champ in a particular mold. But sometimes thats a good thing! I use my star destroyer for drives with no or little wind, but will switch to the cfr destroyer in champ plastic for more windy situations.
I'll second this post.
I carry 7 molds, and for a few of them I carry DX, Pro, Star or CH because of the flight differences.
1 CH Gator, 5 Rocs (1 CH, 3 Pro, 1 DX), 2 Teebirds (CE TL, CH T), 3 Orcs (2 Pro, 1 Star, and I need to get another CH Orc), 1 Star Wraith, 1 Star Destroyer, 2-3 Aviars (Pro, Star).
The CH and CE discs I carry because I want that disc to be overstable longer, and like someone said, when they do get broken in, they stay that way for a long time, like the 1st run CE TL ... it's the freakin bomb, and it's the oldest disc in my bag ... yet in the best shape!
I like the feel of the Star plastic and it's grip, but I can't really tell a whole lot of difference between the two unless it's wet. Star is very grippy even when wet, but DX is even better, CH can be kind of slick. I can't play with a lot of DX though because the CO terrain will eat them up! I have to add that Pro, or KC Pro plastic is awesome and some of my favorite discs are KC Pro/Pro plastic.
My one and only gripe with Star is that it occasionally "cuts" easier than CH. Hitting a sharp basalt/volcanic rock with a Star discs can really suck. I've had to replace a couple of really nice discs because of this.
Yes Champ is my overall favorite too and discraft Z plastic. Don't foget about FLX plastic especially in the mids its awesome. My SE FLX drone is unreplaceable (with any other disc)!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968