www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

wondering if anyone knows where you can get rubber tee pads at a reasonable price....... $3000 for (18) recycled rubber pads is not a fair deal... in my mind.... although petroleum is expensive right now...... any help would be great, THANKS

bob d

Tags: cheap, pads, rubber, tee

Views: 1130

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Man, I have the exact same question. And I'm sure the $3000 price you mention is from Fly18.

I heard there's a company, Launch Pad, that makes them? The only site that links me there on a google search is marked as malicious and unsafe to visit by my FireFox web browser. That doesn't sound like a company I want to do business with..
I've seen a course that used some sort of pickup truck bed liner made of recycled rubber..50$ for approx 3*8 ft, worked better than most rubber tees, had grooves for drainage.
I think the company, Vibram, that makes shoe soles is making tee pads now, at least I was told that last weekend on a course. I suspect they're expensive, though.

The Ann Arbor parks planner we're working with on the (was Brown Park) Mary Beth Doyle Park & Wetland Preserve redesign was teilling me about some stuff that they use under kids' swing sets that is like 4" think. I will be finding out soon what that costs but I doubt that he would be considering it unless he thought it was not too expensive. This could be what he was talking about. He insists that it does not get slippery when wet and that it wears extremely well.
I was looking into tee materials for a new local course and I've always thought the rubber ones at the Solitude, UT course were my favorites. While my research wasn't exhaustive, I found this site which seems to have the right material. I don't know how it will compare price-wise, and maybe there's cheaper options out there. Maybe someone who follows up with a few companies can find out and post it here.

http://www.rbrubber.com/

Click "Ag products" then "trailer products". This will give you two options, pre-cut and a roll you can cut to size.
i hear old carpet works well it wont look pretty on a public course but if its a backyard course it would work but i would say go with the bedliners deal im pretty sure you can pick them up used for like $50 a peice and that would be like an 8' by 4 or 5' pad
There is an industrial conveyer belt company in Pasco, WA that will not only sell rolls of material they will give you a piece to try out for free. It is steel belted conveyer belt with grooves on the bottom side. I got a piece to use in the back of my pickup for a bed liner.
We are putting in a new course at Black Butte Lake, CA. We will be using rubber " horse stall" mats for tees. We are purchasing them from a local Feed and Tack store for about $50 each. They are 8' by 4' by 2 inches in dimension. Big enough to throw from, and sturdy enough to handle the wear and tear. I'm pretty stoked about them, but you would need to check around for such stores in your area. The price is right though!
2 inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoa, thats THICK! i can't find anything that thick! (maybe even too thick :)) I will check that out, sounds like a great deal... is the name of that store "feed and tack"?
Naw, it is just a feed and tack store. The kind that sells stuff for farms, ranch animals and such. It is pretty rural where I live, so there are quite a few of them around here. The mats are designed to go into horse stalls, which is why they are so big and sturdy. I think they are pretty good option for those of us with limited resources and/or options. Any stores like that where you live? Maybe a farm and tractor supply store would carry these things?
Hey bob d

Here's a link to a tractor supply company that sells those mats in different sizes. They have some for around $57 that are a 1/4 inch thick and 5'x8'. There's one store in Billings, Montana. Take a look.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/DisplayCateg...

I'm a part time farmer, that's how I know about the place.
hope it works out for ya!
I just installed a 9 hole "community course" yesterday in Willows CA, and we laid down 4'X6'X1" rubber mats that I got from the local Feed and Tack store (cost=$42 each). I'm telling you, they are great. Perhaps a little small for the "normal" dgr, but they are sturdy, smooth and great to throw from (and really heavy too). We just smoothed out the ground beneath them and tacked them down with some really big nails. Thay aint going nowhere, and should be good to go for several years (at least). FYI
I appreciate your confirming what I thought about using these mats. I searched and found www.greatmats.com and WOW. These folks have what you need if you buy anything like these mats.

I am building my private course and I expect after reading your comments, I will use stall mats but I'll probably use 2 mats per and form a "T". I just don't know if it would be better if the 'T' would be positioned with the wide part at the end or or beginning of the approach??

Thoughts?
Thanks,
Bob

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968