www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

As some of you know, a new Discraft Disc Golf Clinic has been added to YouTube.com. It is called the Putting Confidence Program. This program creates a month long training process to improve putting prowess. The video was created in conjunction with an article in the Flying Disc Magazine issue for May/June 2008. That issue has not yet been delivered (PDGA members are sent FDM unless they opt out to save membership fees but anyone can purchase a subscription) but is expected to be mailed soon.

I believe the magazine article will set a date of Monday, June 29th as the start of the month-long clinic and encourage players to join in and start together. The clinic includes a daily log in to take credit for doing putting for the day. This website has a club labelled the "Mark Ellis Putting Clinic" where a group of volunteers tested the clinic in January of this year. For the upcoming clinic, hopefully we will be able to use the magazine's website, flyingdiscmagazine.com , to do the same.

I have been contacted by several folks who saw the video and are starting the process on their own. That is fine and feel free to start any time you wish. I think the program is more effective and more fun to do with a group. Especially a group of golfers, hopefully, from around the world. By being part of a group it is easier to keep up your motivation to practice every day. It is more fun to log in and discuss it with others.

The timing of this program is perfect for anyone attending the World Championships in August. The program is designed to instill confidence in putting and is adaptable to players of any skill level. If your putting is not where you want it to be, take a look at the video and consider joining us when the new clinic starts up.

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's a great video and I love the way they show Ullibarri in the clip when you are talking about guys throwing from 50ft. Anyway I will only disagree with one thing you had to say about varying putting styles and how they can all be successful. I would say that the majority of the best/ most consistant putters have a straight line pitch at the basket and they all use firm putters. Then again you have freaks like E-mac, Nate, and Cale who just throw it it.
Mark, I'd love to be a part of this, unfortunately i just started a new job and cant get to much time off, but i still look forward to trying some of it :)
Mark, I enjoyed watching the video. You're a great motivational speaker. If this next clinic is something we can do from a distance, I'll probably join in.
For the time being, I'm using your method to practice now. I for one, like the "short" sessions. It allows me to take a couple of breaks throughout the day while at work and make the best of my time. The fact that I have a nice yard, and two baskets here at work is a great benefit.
Thanks for your time!
Good video.
Tell people (when asked-this is important, don't offend anyone) to start with a five-footer then work out to another step back. If you miss the longer putt start back at the beginning (the five footer) than step out again.
Use this basketball approach, been to many b-ball camps. Yes form is very important, but seen literally goofy jumpshots over the years that worked.
I tell people to "love" putting. You love making them, so "love" doing it.
Very cool clinic Mark, my wife and I are in as soon as it starts(we kinda already started)
where do i sign up???!!!
I am using this method solo now. I look forward to starting a group to incorporate the benefits of peer pressure. Thanks again to Mark Ellis your contribution to the sport is immeasurable and appreciated!
One more thing my brother skipped a long standing family tradition of going to the NAIAS (North American International Auto Show) to attend this clinic. At the time I was a little pissed. Now I am forever thankful thanks Bro!!
your welcome
Those videos were great!! For some reason everytime i tried to teach my nephew how to play he would look at me like im crazy. But when he saw your videos he became addicted. Again great job!
Just finished the 30 day program with turbo putts. Now I'm about to start it with a regular type of putt. You're the man Mark!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968