www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

off hand I will start with Texas and Michigan. I see a lot of stuff from these two states.

what other states have tons of tournaments and lots of local courses in certain areas?
clue me in!!!

I left out afew others I can think of so you can fill in some blanks here.

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

New York seemed to have a lot in the Buffalo/Rochester areas.
North Carolina. Raliegh/Durham area and Charlotte NC both have tons of courses and local tournaments (doubles, singles, etc).
Oregon has to be one the best States for Disc Golf. With the Oregon Series, and all the local talent it provides a ripe demographic for the Game. I believe there are 50+ registered course's. With so may getting upgrades and new courses going up in lots of communities. Try it sometime if you get a chance!!!!!!!!!!
Ohio has many courses and players of very good caliber! The Columbus area especially has many tourneys and a season long series they play at several different courses in the immediate area for points and has super turnouts of probably 70-90 entries plus the great BHMO in July with 27 holes of foursomes usually and draws some big names.
Clearwater Florida..... we also have a bunch of "gentlemans clubs"
Maine !!!!! People need to recognize maine is reppin hard and we aint gonna stop anytime soon. Watch out for us cause we coming to start taking home your money.....
wisconsin
Wisconsin has ton of beautiful courses. A wide variety from heavily wooded accuracy courses to the long bomb style courses and many with a great combination. I have 11 courses within 45 minutes and about 20 if I get roughly an hour away. Im from the home of the oldest course in WI...Barry Schultz child hood stomping grounds Vollrath Bowl in Sheboygan.
Nebraska Check out www.nebdisc.com you can see we have tournaments about every weekend of the summer months.

Norfolk Ne, my home town, has two 18 hole courses for a community under 30,000.
well austin tx and the surrounding has about 21 courses and anyday of the week durin the evening in the summers are pretty busy.
Des Moines IA has 19 courses within 20miles according to PDGA. I'm highlighting this because I live in San Francisco now and noone realizes how many incredible courses there are in the Midwest in general. If you get stuck going to DM for buisness or your cousin's wedding bring your discs...you won't be disappointed!
Nor-Cal. In Grass Valley CA, We have 13 courses to choose from within an hour, and plenty more if you want to go a little farther. They range from wide open long to trees and very technical. We even have our own extreme disc golf course if you like a challenge try Toneys mountain. You can see it on line at toneysmountaingolf.com. Arcata area is also loaded with courses if you don't mind that most of them are 9 holes.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968