www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I don't know about elsewhere in the country, but in SE Michigan we get more and more disc golf coverage, but it's never in the sports pages but in "Community" or "Lifestyle." No more! A really great article about Al Schack's victory in the Great Lakes Open made the front page of the Ann Arbor News' Sports Section this week, with box scores and nice photos and everything. You can see the online version here. To me, it's a major step up, with thanks to reporter Seth Gordon (who plays disc golf).

Tags: great lakes open, in the news, news

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that is a big move maybe now we can get more positive notice
I'm just glad to see more disc golf coverage. Wish we had a journalist in our disc golf community over here!
I was reading ESPN the MAG a couple a weeks ago and they actually mentioned Disc Golf. I couldn't believe it. But, it was in very small print about a couple sentences long. But the word disc golf was in bold.

Not big news, but it's cool to see it in a major magazine.
Been meaning to bring up that ESPN the mag coverage for a week now.

It was a small little blurb in their W2W4 (what to watch for) for this week. The blurb was about the World Disc Games taking place in Santa Cruz next week. It was accompanied by a small pic of world champ Nate Doss putting at a Mach III (I think). Most disc golfers probably recognize the photo, I'm pretty sure it's one of Discraft's promo photos of Nate. Only part of the blurb I wasn't fond of was their crack about the Disc Games being held "where else? A college campus", as if it's nothing more than college kids killing time. Other than that, cool little thing to see out of the blue like that.

Nice job on the article, Terry. Who cares who wrote it...good pub is good pub.
A local news paper called The Democrat in Ft. Madison Iowa . Ran a small ad about the Southeast Iowa open tourn. in the SPORTS page. and gave results. Hats off to them, and thank you. we need more coverage like this, for the fast growing sport it is.local levels need to get involed in PDGA tournaments.
It helps to become friends with the sports reporter (editor) of the local paper.
Were there any photos?

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968