www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone throw the Monarch yet? I was telling myself that I needed a flipper disc today then i find this. Is it fate? Just wanted to see if anyone had flown this bad boy yet? Thanks

Tags: Champion, Innova, Monarch

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

has it been released yet? i want to throw one since it's just a roadrunner but faster
I threw it today and to me it feels like a faster version of a Roadrunner. It has a unique edge and will turn into a roller quite easily. They were giving and selling these disc's at the Golden State Classic last weekend.
I saw some for sale at one of the online places, cant remember where though.
I threw mine a couple of times yesterday, but not an optimal location (downhill, into the wind). I can tell you that it is flippy early in its flight, but seems to hold the "turn line" for a long time. I'm thinking that it will be good for a nose-up hyzer-flip type of shot.

I'll have a better chance to use it tomorrow on a Fly-18 course.
Can't wait to hear more about this piece of plastic. I love my roadrunner, but if this will get out further in the air than the roadrunner and add distance to my rollers I'll love it.
i have one now ,the rim is weird but feels good in your hand just like a roadrunner but faster .
i havent done a distance test next to the roadrunner but i will soon
Got one yesterday, beat it up in the field, and it's starting to get a little flippy. Loving it so far, even makes a sick forehand control disc for winding through the trees. Haven't rolled it yet, but I will soon.
My friend got one a few days ago and it is pretty sweet. The lip is extremely unusual with an unprecedented indent all the way around the rim. The flight of the disc is amazing as well. It definitely is understable, but unlike other discs, the monarch will turn over and hold its line, gliding out towards the right ( for RHBH) for a huge anhyzer. I would say its a worthwhile disc to try out!
After a few more throws my observations are in line with others I have read: quick hyzer flip up to flat or mild turnover angle, loooooooooooong glide with some fade back at the end.

On the PDGA Discussion board posters (or posers...) are talking about 400+, 450+ and 500+ drives - of course that is message board distance, not real distance. Dave D. also said that it is possible that the groove might be added to some other designs, in order to bring the weight of discs down. We may be seeing a lot of the groove in the future.
groovey =D
I throwed one and notice a great amount of glide. Good for long drives. The MONARK will go in my bag of weapons to slay the distant bairer.
i hit 400 yesterday with mine i'm starting to beat it up a little and im getting a nice s curve with it it goes a little right than fades left and ends dead ahead i'm loving this disc .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968