www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Anyone throw the Monarch yet? I was telling myself that I needed a flipper disc today then i find this. Is it fate? Just wanted to see if anyone had flown this bad boy yet? Thanks

Tags: Champion, Innova, Monarch

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I really like the disc. Faster than a Roadrunner with a noticable increase in glide. New, the disc is coming back even with lots of snap. Would beat into a roller and/or turnover disc eventually, all depends on use and throwing style. The unique lip does not change grip or release for me. It's a keeper for sure.
I've only thrown mine maybe 20 times (mixed field throws and during rounds). So far I have best success using a fan grip like with my mids. I can get a nice controllable 320 anhyzer, but the best part is it does this with such a low ceiling. Usually I can get a Sanny Roc out 325 on an anny, but I can do this with a monarch at about 20-25 ft. lower flight line.

Throwing with a power grip and 75-85% arm speed it needs a pronounced hyzer angle or a touch of "nose-up" on the release, yet it will flip flat and slide gently right and finish with the very slightest fade just at the end. This throw needs a much higher ceiling. Results have about 375-400 ft. yet very predictable.
The rim seems very gimmicky. There has to be a more efficient way of creating this disc without just digging out part of the rim.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968