www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

What discs do you think are best when turbo putting?

Views: 62

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Am i the only Turbo putter?

Anyone use a goblin to putt?
no, i know some that use a champ rhyno.

i dont turbo anymore so i cant help ya.
thanks. I use to use one of them. I liked it alot but it warped in my car and I am looking at a couple other options before I buy another one of those.
i at the time used a ching juju to turbo, however its very soft and would have to replace it after awhile.
easy - whatever fits your hand the best. i love the wizard for turbos. the birdie is my second choice.
my buddy mike is an outstanding turbo putter. he likes rhyno's. also carries a wasp to turbo as well
i throw nothing but turbo putts. i almost always throw
a DX Aviar. when i need to get thru brush or limbs i
throw a Z-Challenger. i find the Aviar flies truer then
any other putter. it should also be a max wieght DX
Aviar.
i guess that post was innaccurate. he just turbos the rhynos
I use an flx challenger, I'd also be interested to know how many people use the standard 4 fingers on the outside of the disc, and who modifies their turbo shot. I use my ring finger inside to hold the disc against my other three, and use a throw sort of like a football pass.
The big bead Aviar works for me. Flys pretty straight up to about 50 ft for me. Some of the best players out there turbo put. Tom Monroe, Steve Slasor, Dave Greenwell to just name a few. Practice more, get 4 or 5 of the same weight and put a half hour before each round. It will work better and better. But it will take determination and practice. Keep on turbo putting. GB #554
I've been all turbo for like 4 years now!!! From 60 and in anyway. Switched from a rhino (my last innova disc of my life) to flx challengers when they came out a year or two ago and they are MONEY! Practice the turbo and it will treat you right. For 40 feet and in its a superior shot imo to about all other putting styles. On a really good day I can hit 60 footers all day with confidence. On an average day 35-40 footers should go in about 80-90% of the time for me. Anyway, keep practicing and Long live the turbo!!!
I am trying to get away from turbo putting due to the fact that I am horrible at it in winds.... But I think that drivers work good for long distance putts, Other than that the dart and avairs work great.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

2014 ACE RACE PLAYER PACKS ?

Posted by James Banevicz on November 23, 2014 at 4:41pm

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968