www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Would you be willing to put together a 4 man team from your local club or city to host and travel to other cities to compete with other clubs?

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What format? All pros? All ams? ! woman 3 guys?
Last year our club the Fox Valley Metro DGC of IL had a club challenge against 3 other clubs in the Illinois area. It was a blast and we are thinking of doing it again.
We played a round of singles and a round of doubles. There were 2 divisions: pro/adv and int/rec. Points were given out as follows:
1st place got a point for every person they beat in their division(no points for a person you tied). Because each club had a different number of players at the event, points were awarded for the top number of players that would equal the team that had the least number of players. For example.
Club A had 5 people, Club B had 7 people, Club C had 10 people and Club D had 8 people. The top point 5 point earners from each club would recieve points for the overall. Same with the doubles round as well.
It went really smooth and was a great way to kick off the spring season.
It was great, no fees. The trophy was donated by one of the clubs. What made it great was there was an INCLUSIVE feel to the whole thing rather than an worrying about getting a partner or making sure a certain number of players showed up.
That sounds like it would work well. I think it would be a great way for golfers to expand their game.. and would be both team and personal competition. I know there are quite a few people here in huntsville that would be up for it.
Im not sure about our club here because alot of those guys are dicks LOL. FOR EXAMPLE.... Last night at the awards ceremony for the 3rd stop in the shasta series the TOURNAMENT DIRECTOR got pissed off cuz he didnt place in the money and tried to set up a 20 dollar night golf game. but besides the egomaniacs i have a team and i know a few other teams in my area that would like to compete.
it'd be neat to set one up here in north alabama, we have a few clubs, rccg,cpf,htg,sfc.. maybe dgb guys..
we'd get last, because we dont have any pro's, haha
Heck, we don't even have but 4 ADV guys, just a bunch of chuckers who love to play! What more do you need?
exactly! Love of the game is all that's necessary.
Tracy and I participated in Texas Teams this year. It was the very best disc golf experience we've ever had. Lots of comradery and happened to be at Houck's home course (very nicely designed). We had 7 per team and played match play. Match play is really fun and you aren't totally out of it till the end (basically we played 9holes against each competitor and if someone won 5 holes that match was over.) Just my .02 cents... it's really worth it to get something like this going.
MArch 15th in Waukegan, Illinois at Bevier Park
2008 Discontinuum Cross Club Challenge
no fees, only yourelf is needed to show up, that and 9 other fellow club members.
check out:
http://discontinuum.org/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&...
for more specifics.
See my earlier post for scoring details
We at Club Dead have been doing team competition between Clubs and Colleges for quite a few years. the format is good for both beginners and veteran golfers.
We play a one day competition playing handicapped match play doubles and singles. for a modest fee ($20) per player we pay out in doubles stroke play, singles stroke play, singles and doubles match wins and team with the most points on the day. basically $5 per player goes into each payout pool. In the last two years we have been doing the same format for an intercollegiate series here in MI also.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968