www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

This is going to be for those sometimes unbelievable Disc Golf stories that you folks have. Ill Start it off with an Ace story. My buddy Kyle and I were playing the course at enterprise park in redding. Had a good game going i was 3 under after hole 8 and there was this shot i had been working on for hole 9. it was a sidearm roller to hit the pole well i threw my Roc and it landed a few feet back stood up hit the root of the tree right in front of the basket hopped up. i couldn't see it but all i heard is chains. I immediately looked at my buddy Kyle and his exact words were "If I didn't see it I wouldn't believe it." So thats my unbelievable story how about some of yours?

Views: 121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually my first ace. I had been throwing for a couple of months and my friend just got a champ orc on the internet. Its when they first came out. I asked him if i could try it out the the next hole. he didnt care. First throw right out the box. Aced hole 17 at the oaks in Mokena, IL.
I thought this one was pretty sweet. hole 16 at seargent means in olympia fields,IL Its a straight 280ft with a 25ft fairway all the way down. the teepad is always slippery. I get up like normal and throw. I slipped fell on my arse. I get up dust my self off and right as I look towards the basket my disc hits the chains perfectly.
good story here... i was playing a round at my home course va barrie... i came up to hole 15 it is around 290ft i throw a esp surge and bam ace.... i went up took the disc out of the basket... step up on hole 16 it is around 270ft with the same surge in hand smash aced hole 16 aswell......thats one of my best golf stories
I have hit chains twice with rollers, once on hole #4?? at Hobson Grove in Bowling Green, KY. It's downhill with glacial rocks all over, and it rolled right off a rock, slammed the chains, but then kept rolling right out the back and OB. Also, hole #11 Hudson Mills Monster Course, hit the roots of a tree 40ft back and went up into the chains but also didn't stick..
why are you throwing a roller on hole 4 at hobson?
That is the one from the parking lot down with the road behind it right? It was in 1999, I had been playing for less than a year, and was 14 and could barely throw the length of the hole but had a mean roller, that's why.
I was playing a casual round at Timmons Park in Greenville, SC. The first hole is about 220 feet at an angle up a hill. I threw a thumber that hit right under the basket and stood up. It walked around the basket for a couple of seconds, then ran down the hill toward a creek at the base of the hill. It got to the bottom and ran out a sewer pipe that crosses the creek and laid down on a concrete support for the pipe.
Well this is disc golf related..
once while at home i rolled a disc along the edge of a barn, and a raccoon came out of a hole in the wall and grabbed the disc and took it inside, never to be seen again.
My friend and I were playing Ript Revenge, and it was coming down to the wire. there were 5 holes left and we were tied. We usually play real close so the only way to score is to make the other person mess up. My friend drives first and parks it for an easy deuce. He then pulls out a card to make me throw with my off hand, which I shank. I landed up on top of a hill to the right, about 250' out from the pin. I knew he would be getting a point on this basket unless I made it so I went for it with a jump put. It felt like in was in the air forever, and then finally crashed into the chains and stuck!! It was one of the coolest shots I can remember ever having.
Imagine a hole about 225-250, uphill a little, say rise of 15'-20'. Lots of trees in front of the tee to allow for narrow routes to the left, right or center. The basket is dead center in front of you at the top of the hill. I say to myself, "self, I've played this hole a lot of times and I'm bored of the 'up-the-middle' AND I am working out the kinks in my forehand shots." So I decide to throw a forehand through the left gap to swing left to right at the basket. Bordering the fairway on the left is a chain link fence of the 4' variety. On this fence, about 175' away was this plump little robin. Needless to say I threw one of the ugliest forearm shots of my life. My shot went too far to the left and not nearly as high as intended. My flop of a giant forearm hyser turned into a line-drive bullet that was just high enough to clear the top bar of the fence and yup, you guessed it, that plump little robin did not jump fast enough to dodge the 65+ mph bevel edged piece of plastic. The feathers flew and I prayed that it was a grackle or cowbird or some other unwanted nuisance. I was disappointed to find one plump little robin lying dead on the ground. :(
mine is my buddy dans deuce on hole 14 at lincoln park in massillon ohio anyone who has played this course should appreciate this, hole 14 is a par five, wish i could remember exactly the length but it is around 500 feet, its a uphill shot with a gully about halfway and a butload of trees pretty much starting 100 feet out from the teepad and continuing all the way up the hill and surrounding the basket, dan side-armed a monstrous drive that made it thru all the trees and to the other side of the gully and putted in a 200 foot shot for the duece, if i was not there to witness it i would have not believed it, would love to hear if anyone else has deuced this hole or knows someone who did ?
I dont have an ace on demand...

But once after being razzed by a few guys about my play I said I had to step it up, and slammed chains at tolland park, #12 I think, but it spit out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968