www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

my first disc was a lightning #2 flyer. I still have it and it is also my only ace disc.

Tags: disc, first

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started out with a super pro. I played my first round (pole holes) at The Rockledge Disc Golf Course in Cocoa Fl. around 1978. It was there I started buying Midnight Flyers. These are all Whamo discs. Innova and Disccraft did not exist .
Bought a innova champion set. Valk, panther and aviar. Still use them sometimes!
I started with a red DX Whippet. It was my only disc for several months. One day, it got stuck in a tree; I had to climb up to get it down. A branch had pierced my disc, leaving a small hole. I still have that disc; one of the few that's stuck with me for the last 8 years or so.
172g pro valkyrie. Still have it. I don't play with it anymore since the last time I lost it I spent a hour looking for it. Got another one and put my first one on top of my safe where I keep my trophies.
I started with an old beat up DX Gazelle as my first disc. I played at a tiny course in Cerritos, CA called Liberty Park and there was not a single hole on the 9 hole course over 220 feet. I think I shot a 15 over haha.
it may not be quite the first one, but raley gave me a few old ones and that was my first set.
My first disc was and Elite Z XL. Dad bought it for me thinking it was for catch. One of my favorite drivers still. Flies super straight if I release it flat.
My first disc was a stratus. Lost it in the soy bean field at Heritage Park in Adrian, MI
A Discraft Tracer. I got it 17 years ago. Still have it, but I don't use it much.
Whamo Super Pro ( Blue ) circa 1966.
150g 0x KC Pro Roc. Very lucky to pick this one out despite not knowing anything about discs at the time. Great beginner disc which I still use now as a dead straight disc.
Hey Donny,

Same exact disc for me, 1977 baskets at La Mirada. First disc period: Pluto Platter 1958. Play Catch Invent Games.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968