www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

my first disc was a lightning #2 flyer. I still have it and it is also my only ace disc.

Tags: disc, first

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My first disc was a yellow Discraft Cyclone bought at the InFlight store in the heart of the University of Michigan's campus. We immediately went out to play the original Hudson Mills course (that was the only one then). I promptly threw my disc into the shoulder height weeds/heather off to the left of Hole number 2's short teepad. Being that it was my only disc, we looked for about 15 minutes before my friend yelled "Got it!". It was yellow and appeared to be the same disc. There was no name on the back, just like mine, and it was brand new as well. I was convinced I had found MY disc. It wasn't until I returned to the InFlight store to make another purchase a few weeks/rounds later that I realized that the disc I had found was not a Discraft Cyclone. The disc was actually an Innova "Hard" Viper. I was told by Pat that no-one should ever be forced to learn with that disc. I guess it was one of the more overstable discs of the day or something. All I know is that I was kicking my friends butt with that disc. I was forced to learn how to crush the disc over and let it rip. I think my friends were throwing Zephyrs and larger diameter discs (more like a Frisbee in their minds) and I was absolutely crushing them. That disc was unfortunately lost sooner than later. That Viper was probably the best learning tool a newbie could ever have run into. Once I learned that disc, everything else was a snap!
XD ....added a stingray shortly after that....late 80's...wasn't much else...
DX Panther... sadly, it cracked last year.
star tee-rex and a buzz
My first disc was an Inova Aero(I believe). I played around 100 rounds(back in 85) on a desert course with it as my only disc so it's impossible to see the logo but I'm pretty sure thats what it is.
175 ch Wraith

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968