www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

my first disc was a lightning #2 flyer. I still have it and it is also my only ace disc.

Tags: disc, first

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Discraft X Talon and an Innova Aviar P n A
"Innova Viper"

and i'm glad i lost it, lol, way too overstable for a beginner and not much glide, so it only added to the Guaranteed Hyzer i was naturally throwing.
DX Shark 174g. Still have it, love it, use it occasionally.
So many ppl agree with you about mastering midranges, putting, etc. before driving with "drivers".

I guess i'm the odd ball because I don't think that is the best approach. I would agree if the discs all felt the same, had same dimensions, etc., but for many, we can't even grip our midranges like our drivers, so mastering it, won't ever seem to help me drive. I have a classic roc P & A, and Discraft Hawk Midrange that are shaped nothing like my Beasts and Valkyries. i think if you put it off till you master midrange, then you'll be however long that is behind in your driving. I think, "focus" could be used more emphatically than "master". I wouldn't personally wait to throw Drivers, but i focus more so on putting and midrange, and continually work on driving, watching videos and such.
champ groove ha ha i'm a real newbie
I was so ignorant at the beginning of my discing career, I bought several discs without knowing they do different things. There was a newly opened DG Store (Mando's in Auburn WA) that a friend of mine and I bought discs that looked cool without knowng the flight characteristic they had... doesn't matter much anyway they all were lost in play one way or another.
1st time champ ken climo stingray my buddy won it at a tourney,saidit was a good beginner disc neither one of us really new who climo was at the time so the autoghraphed disc was just a disc.I used it for a few months then lost on hole15 at george wilson park in Indiana.Wish i had it now.
1st disc was an old aero that a friend gave me,still have it, but i don't throw it anymore. 1st disc i bought was a 175g scorpion, wish they still made them.
Classic roc thrown via a forehand roller. I didn't know any better and they seemed to go to the pin more often then not. Untill the day I found a flash layin in the open, decided rollers weren't the best option and moved on. I still have the roc, but in the five or so years since I've probably thrown a roc two maybe three times.
My First 3 Discs were a Gateway Prototype, Pro D Avenger, and Champion Spider,
A buddy gave me a beat up DX Archangel like 167... I lost it the second time I played and immediately went and bout like 5 discs.
old black elite-x discraft xs driver. lost it in the field near my house, found it years later, stamp completely gone. still have it, heh.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968