www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

my first disc was a lightning #2 flyer. I still have it and it is also my only ace disc.

Tags: disc, first

Views: 98

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was given a three disc innova starter set with a dx cheetah, shark and aviar putter. I have since lost them all. But they lasted as my only golf disc set from 1996 until 2001 when I started buying new plastic and thinking about tournaments etc.... Lost them all at Upper Park in chico one by one... Nice ThunderCatz Stamp!
Mine was a Champion Leopard, and an X-Buzzz. Still have the Champion Leopard (sold the Buzzz), but paid too much for both discs!
i had 2 first discs, bought immediately after my first round, summer of 2000.
JLS
and a glow aviar
both i still use.
Lightning p-51
still have it. In storage.
Has the original military graphics!
Well, the first time I started, I played with some Frisbee mold ... can't remember what it was, but is was a freestyle Frisbee. That was back in '78-'79 I think.

Second time I started playing a friend gave me a Valkyrie. I hadn't played disc golf in a long, long time, so I was pretty amazed at the new fast discs. That got me hooked, and now I have hundreds of discs around. I threw all Discraft for a year or more, and then switched to Innova (because I like the flight charts and how they rate discs speed/glide/turn/fade). I think every disc manufacturer should rate discs with a similar system. For me, it saves me time and money when selecting discs. I didn't like having to buy a bunch of Discraft discs to figure out how they were going to fly. JMO!
I still have a complete/used bag of Discraft, complete bag of Innova, and a good start on a bag of Gateway discs. I like to switch them up when I get bored or feel my game is getting routine.
A beat-up Raven -- roommate gave it to me for my first round ever, wish I had not given it back cuz I can't find anything that flies as true since.
I also started back in 1979 playing with a frisbee 141g freestyle and 165g world class on an object course in Doyle Park in Santa Rosa Ca. We used the heavy one for wind and putting. The boys from Sonoma State U./Crane Creek would occasionally drop by with the heavy flying discs, but we would not let them play unless they threw a frisbee , because they would have killed someone. This park was small and we always played through picnicers etc.... We would venture to the SSU course as well, but back then we would religiously throw our lids! I didn't throw a flying disc until I got my 3 pack starter set 1996....
Champion edition leopard.
Discraft Shadow and Aviar
Blowfly 2
Aviar and its still my favorite disc
a shark
a good all around disc for the beginner

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968