www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

my first disc was a lightning #2 flyer. I still have it and it is also my only ace disc.

Tags: disc, first

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha.. I didn't know much about disc when I first started so I bought a Champion Beast. (my go to driver and still in my bag) I just wanted something that would go the distance. I soon realized that I needed some sort of putter a week later. (that's where the Aviars came in... the addiction grew from there.)
Innova 3-disc boxed set..Shark, Leopard and Aviar from MC Sports.
i started playing in the early to mid 80s my first disc was a discraft fly dye cyclone, my buddy who turned me onto the sport took me to the local plastic store to get a disc before we hit the course and i saw it and thought it looked totally cool ! LOL i didnt even care if it was a good disc to start out with, although it actually was a good disc for beginners, funny thing about it was the first course we played was arberetum spiker park in canton ohio, which has two ponds and my first time out i threw it in the one pond, i was so bummed standing on the bank looking at it 20 feet out, that i decided, i am not losing my first disc on the first course i played, so i waded out into that nasty duck poop filled pond and got it, all the while my buddy was laughing at me telling me, your going to stink, and he was right ! i threw that disc for another three or four years before retiring it and fortunately i still have it ! my wife has been instructed that if heaven forbid anything ever happens to me i want to be buried with it, that's how much i love this game.
My very first disc was a leopard! I received it as a present on my birthday, sadly I lost it in Wales at a water hole. I was so sad I lost it because it was a gift from my BF. He comforted me by letting me know people loose discs all the time, and that rarely a person will ever have their very first disc they ever owned. Then I went out and bought 4 more! lol.
your TWISTED!

DC ( DISCFUNCTIONAL CHRIS ) said:
i started playing in the early to mid 80s my first disc was a discraft fly dye cyclone, my buddy who turned me onto the sport took me to the local plastic store to get a disc before we hit the course and i saw it and thought it looked totally cool ! LOL i didnt even care if it was a good disc to start out with, although it actually was a good disc for beginners, funny thing about it was the first course we played was arberetum spiker park in canton ohio, which has two ponds and my first time out i threw it in the one pond, i was so bummed standing on the bank looking at it 20 feet out, that i decided, i am not losing my first disc on the first course i played, so i waded out into that nasty duck poop filled pond and got it, all the while my buddy was laughing at me telling me, your going to stink, and he was right ! i threw that disc for another three or four years before retiring it and fortunately i still have it ! my wife has been instructed that if heaven forbid anything ever happens to me i want to be buried with it, that's how much i love this game.
Ohhh I sure do wish I still had that old hands putter :( but someone broke into the truck and stole my tools and my bag of disc. that sux when you cant work or play disc golf
180 Gram DX Python. I still have it but cant use it because it has a puncture near the middle of it making it illegal;(
LOL admit it nibs you want to be buried with your drones

Nibs Carter said:
your TWISTED!

starfire and supersoft putter
Drones on one side Destroyers on the other!

Nibs Carter said:
your TWISTED!

Mine was a Discraft XL in Elite. Won it by throwing a 175g ultimate Frisbee further than any one else (that day).
innova dragon dx

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968