www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's the next one.
Bowling Green Ams...

Large turnout, great golf, unbelievable organization!

Big Thanks to the Bowling Green'ers who make it possible.
The Master's Cup in Santa Cruz, California!
I have yet to play in any NT or even A tier events so my response will be in regards to the tournaments in the great state of Disconsin. It's a 3 way tie so my favorite would have to be which ever one is next on the schedule.

Manitowalk in the Park - Manitowoc, WI (2nd or 3rd wkend in July) TD is experienced so it's on time and organized. Lots of sponsors which means great players packs and lunch & supper provided.

Standing Rocks Open - Stevens Point, WI (end of April) TD could make this an A tier but prefers to keep it under the radar of the traveling disc golf gypsies as a B tier. Large field - pulls players from MN & IL.

Mad City Open - Madison, WI (late July or early Aug.) Was an A tier years ago but is a B tier now. Large field - draws top players from MN, IL, and IA. Courses are long and challenging. If you haven't heard Madison has a reputation as a party town.

All 3 of these tournaments fill up early so you must prereg. They pull in some of the best disc golfers in the midwest. Barry Schultz is a regular at all 3 of these as long as his national schedule doesn't interfear.
What he said...
Down East Players Cup in Greenville, NC. Fun course, generous players pack and payout, but that's just a small reason to play. TD Scotty Faison and GVDG put on a tournament that makes every player feel like a member of the family. Every decision made from the size of the groups to where you finish is made to give everyone a fair chance at prizes, giveaways, attention, etc. The special treatment just never stops and everyone leaves feeling like a winner.
Charleston Classic the first weekend of December. We get to play Hampton Park (temp course) in downtown Charleston thanks to the guys from Innova coming down and setting up the baskets and tournament. It is also neat to see world class pros such as Brian Schweberger, Michael Johanson, Brian Mcree, Alan Beaver play in person.
Gonna have to go with Marshall Street. Awesome courses, great competition, overall amazing vibe for the entire weekend.
I've never been to any of those.
So I'd say Bowling Green
I haven't played any outside CA, but my favorite so far has been the US Masters - La Mirada.
Standing Rocks Open- Stevens Point, Wisconsin. Great Time, Good People, Beer. This is usually the first event of the year for me and I look forward to traveling to Plover to play a awesome event run by Randy. Standing Rocks Park is a picturous place that is special in many ways. I love bombing discs down the skill hill in attempt to win one of three baskets even though I lose several each year in the drink.
virginia team invitational

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968