www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I have battled with this for 30 years. What are the best gloves to throw with and when are they necessary? I use them in cooler to cold weather and sometimes in rain but I have never been satisfied with the grip. Baseball batting gloves work best for the most part but the good ones are expensive. i've seen diving gloves,tennis etc. but nothing really stands out. Any thoughts?

Views: 238

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I play in weather down to zero and I always take my golve off before throwing. I will putt from close distances with my glove on. (we call this the "Danny Glover") I will never throw with anything on my hand.
I use a pair of fingerless gloves that have grippy dots on the palm side. I can putt and drive with these on. I got them at Walmart. Good luck.
Put ur hands in muff huh? Sounds good to me. Doesn't that get a little distracting when it is time to throw?
I have a pair of "Jersey Dot" gloves that seem to work in most situations. I haven't used them in the rain yet though...We have lots of lightening with our rain here in Colorado so it's a good idea not to stay outside...
The one guy I know who plays regularly in gloves uses a racquetball glove, so I second that recommendation.

Joe
I also have a pair of gardening gloves that are cotton, that have been dipped in rubber. I am going to try them out and see what kind of performance I get out of them. I will let you know how they work...
Under Armour makes some super thin gloves that are nice.
Check out MarshallStreetdiscgolf.com - they have excellent gloves made especially for disc golf.
When it gets cold I wear a ball golf glove made of lambs skin, super soft which provides a smooth release. They are kind of hard to find in most sporting goods stores, may have to go to a golf store as I am right handed so I have to find them for a left handed golfer. If it gets even colder, I'll wear a pair made for winter with fleece on the back side of the hand. Either way, I still use a hand warmer in my pocket.
hey What a lot of people do around here instead of trying to use gloves, is the hand muffs like quarterbacks use to keep your hands warm with hot hands in them and you wont need to worry about taking the glove on and off. we have some at www.lsdiscs.net
ball golf all weather or lightweight motorcycle gloves
Lars has got the right idea hand warmers and the like. Don't want to get dependent on gloves don't forget what muddy posted.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968