www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im a lefty and i tend to throw my shot when i release at an angle and just shank it left. I was wondering what is the best way to hold when u throw it and how to throw it with an anhyzer.

Views: 0

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey canesoulja,

Im not anything special in terms of how I throw, but what models of discs are you throwing? I struggled to get a good anhyzer until I picked up a nice light Sidewinder. I throw that thing flat and fast RHBH (right-hand back-hand), and it just keeps going right. Maybe try something like this instead of focussing on your angle of release? The more experienced players might have better suggestions, but hopefully it might help you.
Hi Canesouja,
I can't speak from too much experience with backhand technique (I primarily use a forehand). I think Hootie is right on. A Sidewinder is a really understable disc and if you try to throw it flat it should anhyzer on you.
Since I can't see what you're actually doing I'd only be guessing in terms of advice. You may want to take all your discs out and practice throwing at various angles and seeing what happens. While you may feel a bit ridiculous watching your discs go into the ground or air or whatever, my experience has been I usually learn something. I wish I could be more help. Good luck!
i throw a champion beast, star teebird.

Hootie said:
Hey canesoulja,

Im not anything special in terms of how I throw, but what models of discs are you throwing? I struggled to get a good anhyzer until I picked up a nice light Sidewinder. I throw that thing flat and fast RHBH (right-hand back-hand), and it just keeps going right. Maybe try something like this instead of focussing on your angle of release? The more experienced players might have better suggestions, but hopefully it might help you.
Any discraft throwers have some opinions?
Well, step one would be to double check your form, your most likely dropping your shoulder as you pull through(its the natural reaction.) Step two would be to practice throwing flat, If you cant throw relatively flat, its going to be hard for you to angle your disc for an anhyzer.
Hyzer you go from low to high on your follow-through.
strait you pull strait across(you'll always finish with a hyzer at the end)
and for an anhyzer shot you pull back high and come across down.
And getting a less stable disc might help, something like a wildcat if you throw discraft, or maybe a roadrunner or sidewinder if you are an innova guy.
i appreciate the tips i believe i am dropping my shoulder. I'm going on the dg course trying to just kill a backhand and i am dropping my shoulder a bit. thanx for the tips.

Sean McFarlane said:
Well, step one would be to double check your form, your most likely dropping your shoulder as you pull through(its the natural reaction.) Step two would be to practice throwing flat, If you cant throw relatively flat, its going to be hard for you to angle your disc for an anhyzer.
Hyzer you go from low to high on your follow-through.
strait you pull strait across(you'll always finish with a hyzer at the end)
and for an anhyzer shot you pull back high and come across down.
And getting a less stable disc might help, something like a wildcat if you throw discraft, or maybe a roadrunner or sidewinder if you are an innova guy.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968