www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, what are your ideas?

Once I get the companies and the goodies listed for the virtual jumbo toss, I figure that will be an inducement, but how to we get the word out more?

I am certain that we have just tapped the tiny tip of the iceberg so far, and it is encouraging to see the folks from Germany and Finland, etc., joining.

But how do we get a wider group of disc golfers?

One thing I will do later in the spring is send laminated flyers for Ben to post as he heads out to visit 600 courses.

Thoughts? I'm a firm believe in multiple heads can have better ideas than just one.

Tags: activity, join, members, promotion, users

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about some sort of referral system. We all love competion. a point for every new member that you get to sign up. Most points wins something at the end of each month with a big prize at the end of the year, for the golfer who got the most new golfers to sign up. Not sure how to keep record of it. Just an idea.
i can pass out some flyers at the tournaments. on the 19th we have the ice bowl up here and then net month were going down to chico for the chico challenge and ill definitely spread the word
I've noticed at a lot of the courses here in the southeast there are often message boards near the first tee or parking area for notices-- if you had available or sent out a graphic with the site's address and some of the advantages of joining and the site's high points (chat with pros, wider discussion formats, personalized pages, etc) that people could print up and post, I think that would a fantastic word-of-mouth method. I know I always stop and read the board if something is posted.
okay i posted the site and a little information on the local tournament form at http://discgolfstats.com/courses/Shasta_Series-Disc-Golf-Forum.aspx hopefully this will get a few people to join. i know we get at least 50 - 60 golfers at each tournament and around 200-300 golfers throughout the series so ill do my best to spread the word up here in the Nor-Cal
If you will compose a flyer for us to print I'm all for putting it up at our course here in North Little Rock. I'm sure people in other areas of the country and world would be happy to do the same on their course bulletin boards. Have you ever thought about trying to get Disc Golf websites, PDGA Gotta Go Gotta Throw etc, to promote the site by putting up a blurb and posting a link so other DG can find out about us here.
I like the idea of making fliers available at various courses, but it's important for people to REMEMBER when they get home from a round of golf to VISIT the site and get signed up.

The web address -- simple as it is -- can be tough for people to remember, so I think it would be important for every flier to have a tear-away strip with the web address on it (much like other fliers with phone numbers on them).

Terry, maybe you could post a downloadable flier for us to print out ourselves, complete with eight or ten "tabs" along one side with the web address on each one. We can cut the tabs ourselves and post the fliers at courses all over...well, all over the WORLD, for that matter.
email Td's of tournaments and inform them they are free to use your site to promote their tournament. then people reading more information about the tournament. will already be on the website!
Short Term: Come up with a catchy name for this site. 2-syllables.

Short Term: Sponsor a big tournament like Bowling Green AMs or Loco at the Mills.

Long Term: Make it easy for TDs to enter in tournament results on this site. Both sanctioned and unsanctioned tournaments would show up. DGRUS profile linked to tournament results. Eventually develop a ratings system that combines both pdga and non-pdga rounds.
T-shirts
Mini markers
bag tags

I know i would totally wear a DiscgolfersR.us Tee shirt on the course.
Wow, and today a bunch more folks from the UK, and people from Russia and Hungary!
My.....We've come a long way!!!!
It's like pulling teeth isn't it.

Post a flier on this site so it can be posted on local courses.
Or handed out.

Sponsor various tournaments around (outside your state). Doesn't have to be big. Give away 100 or so bumper stickers.

Get on other websites, link up.

Send bumper stickers to disc golf retailers to put in each package to be 'shipped.' They love freebies.

Promotional items, t-shirts, stamped minis, beer mugs.

Have a contest "Cool photos with the DGRUS bumper sticker involved."

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968