www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So, what are your ideas?

Once I get the companies and the goodies listed for the virtual jumbo toss, I figure that will be an inducement, but how to we get the word out more?

I am certain that we have just tapped the tiny tip of the iceberg so far, and it is encouraging to see the folks from Germany and Finland, etc., joining.

But how do we get a wider group of disc golfers?

One thing I will do later in the spring is send laminated flyers for Ben to post as he heads out to visit 600 courses.

Thoughts? I'm a firm believe in multiple heads can have better ideas than just one.

Tags: activity, join, members, promotion, users

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it would be a great service to have the ability for local clubs whose members sign up to post their scores online to keep their running handicap ............. that would be good but it would have to be very user friendly.
Well, there is already a great site that does that: www.discgolfscene.com. Its developer, Pete Crist, and I occasionally talk about the possibility of an App to embed some of the scoring stuff there, in here, and vice versa. I would really like that as he has developed excellent scoring and challenge functionalities. As well, the site www.discgolfunited.com has good scoring and a handicap system. And now, the PDGA allows nonmembers who have paid a member fee to have something called an Supporting Membershi - http://www.pdga.com/supporting-members - in which case the PDGA then tracks their scores and maintains a rating for them, but I am not sure if that rating is published if they remain a Supporting Member. It may be kept available for when they do pay annual dues.

Oh, and I should mention that www.discgolf.com also has scoring archives. To my knowledge, the above are it. I'd love to learn of more.

And . . . any developer out there who could figure out a way to do that as an Open Social App that I could drop in here?
Advertise on Facebook, seems like the whole world is on there!!!!!
Well the word is kind of a gift of mine . First of all I love this site and its been very good to me .You should try and put some cool stuff up on ebay like really hard to get stuff that always is going to get mass poeple looking at it from all over the world you can ad just about anything to your ads on there its a easy way to get the word out that there is discgolfersR.us . And you should send some stuff over to Sweden they sure do love disc golf !
Visual advertisement works the best when you are trying to reach a mostly male dominated demo. I've done done propoganda bombing for several companies and groups in Las Vegas and can tell you that downloadable stencils for dyeing discs, painting bags and t-shirts and posters in various sizes for paste-ups work. Its cost effective for you(free)and people notice.In the age of iphones and blackberrys joe golfer can whip out his smart phone and look up your site (who's adress is slapped on the back of the tee sign) while he's waiting for the rest of his group to show up. He's also gunna remember the adress when he's been aiming at it right below the reflective tape on the discatcher he's shooting for birdie on.
i do what i can. i tell lots of newbies about this site and what it has to offer them. i also just added you (and a couple others) to our new site (discking1.com) under the "people that roc" page in hopes of building a bigger DG community online as well as in the real world, and will linking them later tonight or tomorrow.
The wider group of disc golfers you try to reach, the more 'beginner' they will be. What do you think of a strategy promoting this site as a definitive, user friendly place for beginners to learn more. Presuming they've been exposed to it by friends, or seeing others disc at a park, this is a place for them to find information about getting a little more in to the game.

First, I would set aside a space here (add a tab at the top - For Beginners - to collect the beginner-related forum questions like those that ask what are good discs for beginners to putt, drive, anhyzer, etc. This would be something that could be direct-linked to. Add in a glossary of common disc golf terms (it took me a long time to understand the concept of disc stability. I was just reminded that when I was starting out I kept on saying "More stable means it turns more? That just doesn't make sense." You get the idea. For starters, you already have content and links that can organized in a way that makes sense for a beginner to quickly access and learn about the game.

Second, consider promoting the site where beginners are exposed to the game. Start with Hudson Mills, where the office seems to have more contact with beginners (they rent discs!). I would experiment with posting a flyer, educating the staff, and/or co-producing a beginner sheet they could pass out that would lead newer players to the site.

Third, promote the beginner part of DGRUS to those organizations that promote disc golf; school systems that do something with it (does Ann Arbor Public still do this at Pioneer HS?), EDGE, etc.
I think you should make a forum category for almost anything goes. Just general discussion for whatever is on you mind, but still keep it clean. What do you think?
steve
linked.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968