www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wondering if anyone throws with one of these? I have 2- Buzz's (FLX 168g and a Supercolor 172g) and I am looking for a more overstable mid-range from Discraft, Innova is cool but I really like the FLX plastic on my Buzz.

I have not tried a ROC yet and since there are 200 different ones out there it's not really a priority for me to research these... YET!!! I also throw a 172g ProD Wasp, 175g DX Shark,172g DX Cobra, and a 172g DX Cheetah....

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I throw FLX Buzzz 173, 2 D Buzzz, and a Z Wasp 174....I have never found a situation where I needed anything other than those. The wasp may be a little more stable in Z than in D so maybe you should look around for one of those....It's also good in a headwind.
get a new Z or ESP Wasp. your pro d one has probbilby lost most of its stability, depending on how old it is. You definitly have the right idea though with trying stay with discraft. if they only made a flx wasp i would be in heavin. But before you spend 20 or 25 bucks on a FLX Drone try one of those two wasps'. also a ROC is compairable to a buzzz.
Not much of a Discraft thrower these days but maybe a heavier Wasp may be the ticket.
Thanks for the feedback.... I'll look into all these suggestions
i have a flx drone and love it ! especially for shorter controlled shots, they don't have as much glide imo as say a roc or buzzz but man when you need a midrange disc for wind shots or a controlled backhand or even forehand shot this is the disc i grab out of the bag, i got 3 of them though when they 1st came out, didn't realize people are selling them for 20 to 25 bucks now, hmmm my buddys been bugging me for one of mine, guess i should maybe hang onto my backups for awhile. oh and nibs another member on here has two aces already with his flx drone ! maybe more by now
I have a flx drone and i too love it, but depending on how overstable you need the wasp might be a better choice.
"4 show"

"I am gettin that 4 show!!!"

I think I have enough good things here to warant me spanding $25 on the disc. And I am also going to try an Elite Z Wasp... if I can get it past my "Old Lady"
Where there's a will...there's a way. I don't think you will be disappointed with the Z wasp. I love mine
flx drones are great!!! I don't throw as much as my buzz or wasp....but when I need that extra stability in the wind or for a forehand this is the disc.....not much skip as z/esp/star/champ plastic for accurate approaches.....they are rather wide on the rim and took some adjustment but I really like these discs. Check out the new worlds edition with cool Bells brewery oberon sun/worlds logo.....selling at gottago gotta throw.
I have a FLX drone and I took it out of the bag. I waited for years for it in a different plastic and when I got it and threw it...it did well. it seems to require more effort to throw. My Pro Rhyno suits me just fine. I use the Firebird or the Rhyno now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968