www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Just wondering if anyone throws with one of these? I have 2- Buzz's (FLX 168g and a Supercolor 172g) and I am looking for a more overstable mid-range from Discraft, Innova is cool but I really like the FLX plastic on my Buzz.

I have not tried a ROC yet and since there are 200 different ones out there it's not really a priority for me to research these... YET!!! I also throw a 172g ProD Wasp, 175g DX Shark,172g DX Cobra, and a 172g DX Cheetah....

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I throw FLX Buzzz 173, 2 D Buzzz, and a Z Wasp 174....I have never found a situation where I needed anything other than those. The wasp may be a little more stable in Z than in D so maybe you should look around for one of those....It's also good in a headwind.
get a new Z or ESP Wasp. your pro d one has probbilby lost most of its stability, depending on how old it is. You definitly have the right idea though with trying stay with discraft. if they only made a flx wasp i would be in heavin. But before you spend 20 or 25 bucks on a FLX Drone try one of those two wasps'. also a ROC is compairable to a buzzz.
Not much of a Discraft thrower these days but maybe a heavier Wasp may be the ticket.
Thanks for the feedback.... I'll look into all these suggestions
i have a flx drone and love it ! especially for shorter controlled shots, they don't have as much glide imo as say a roc or buzzz but man when you need a midrange disc for wind shots or a controlled backhand or even forehand shot this is the disc i grab out of the bag, i got 3 of them though when they 1st came out, didn't realize people are selling them for 20 to 25 bucks now, hmmm my buddys been bugging me for one of mine, guess i should maybe hang onto my backups for awhile. oh and nibs another member on here has two aces already with his flx drone ! maybe more by now
I have a flx drone and i too love it, but depending on how overstable you need the wasp might be a better choice.
"4 show"

"I am gettin that 4 show!!!"

I think I have enough good things here to warant me spanding $25 on the disc. And I am also going to try an Elite Z Wasp... if I can get it past my "Old Lady"
Where there's a will...there's a way. I don't think you will be disappointed with the Z wasp. I love mine
flx drones are great!!! I don't throw as much as my buzz or wasp....but when I need that extra stability in the wind or for a forehand this is the disc.....not much skip as z/esp/star/champ plastic for accurate approaches.....they are rather wide on the rim and took some adjustment but I really like these discs. Check out the new worlds edition with cool Bells brewery oberon sun/worlds logo.....selling at gottago gotta throw.
I have a FLX drone and I took it out of the bag. I waited for years for it in a different plastic and when I got it and threw it...it did well. it seems to require more effort to throw. My Pro Rhyno suits me just fine. I use the Firebird or the Rhyno now.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968