www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi, My name is Michelle "Snap" Cartwright. I'm from Mobile, Al. I have been playing disc golf for about 4 years..I play in Southern Nationals Series mostly. I am a member of PDGA, MADGA, and WDGA. I travel quite a bit , but it's hard to find PDGA events around the south. Hopefully that will change soon. I am a mother of two, a boy and girl..I also just graduated college, got my Paramedic licence, which has come in handy playing disc golf,,,I hope we can get this site off the ground soon, cause I need a new basket..lol..

So now it's your turn to tell US about YOU,...

Michelle "Snap"

pdga#30918
wdga#098

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Guys!
I'm Val! I'm a bum in Ohio for the winter, but I'm a full time touring disc golfer the rest of the year. I've been playing tournaments since 2000, but Ive been around the sport since ive been born. Love the sport, Love the people, Love all the places it brings me to..

Going to start getting my 2008 schedule all together..

Can't wait for WoNats down in BAMA! :o) Its one of the 5 states I haven't been to so i haven't played down there yet, but im very stoked to check it out!

Holla!
I'm Rachel... from Atlanta/Athens, GA, currently a student at University of GA (Go Dawgs!!)
Anyways, I learned about this great sport a little over a year ago but it now consumes a large part of my life :) Hoping to get into some bigger tournaments in 2008 now that I have a lighter courseload... I hopefully will be able to travel more and go to tournaments where there is more than 1 other female!
Come play me in GA tournaments if ya can... I love meeting other discing females!

pdga#33485
Hey all!

My name's Shavonne, and I live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I'm a student at Oregon State and besides being a student and playing disc golf, I spend my time training in American Kenpo karate or hanging out with family and friends. I was introduced to disc golf in the summer of '06, so I've been playing disc golf for over a year now.... and I love it! I especially love the tournaments and getting to compete with other fun gals who love disc golf!

I'm looking forward to a great new year of disc golf! Hope you all have an awesome new year!

Shavonne
Hi, I'm Brianna and I live in Eugene, Oregon. I go to the University of Oregon and will soon graduate with a degree in Human Physiology.
I've been playing disc golf on and off for about 5 years. I can only play tournaments 1 or 2 months of the year, but during those months my favorite tournaments are mountain tournaments.
Besides disc golf I enjoy running and playing ultimate frisbee. This year I hope to play a few of the Oregon Series Tournaments and to improve my consistency.
Hi,

I'm Sheila Calhoun, wife (and better 2/3s ) of Terry Calhoun, the creator of this social network. The main reason I started playing about eight years ago was because it gave me something physically active to do outdoors with my husband. I love to exercise (walk, run, former triathlete, swim, etc, etc); in fact, my degrees are in exercise physiology. I don't play in the cold months because I'm pretty sure I have Reynaud's and my extremities get so cold (unless I'm cross-country skiing!). I love being able to play with women of all ages and especially look forward to the 2008 World Championships in Kalamazoo when I'll be eligible to play as an amateur grandmaster.
Hi Guys!
I'm Alessa, from Berlin in Germany. In 2,5 yrs I'll graduate with a degree in "Early Childhood Education".
After I graduated, I started to work as an Au Pair for a great family in Arizona, Glendale in Summer 2005. I actually never wanted to come to America (don't get me wrong, my biggest dream was and is to spend a whole year in New Zealand) but I absolutly fell in love with your country!!!
I had never heard about Disc Golf before, but a friend of mine told me about it one day I so I finally got introduced to this great sport - unfortunatly this was in April 2006 and therefor I had just 3 more month to stay in the US. Since boys in a relationship somehow have a hard time to spend time with a female "friend" and to explain this to their jealous girlfriends, I just got lend 2 discs and had to practice all by myself. I think I played for a month, like 3 times a week and than got "adopted" by the local men playing the Conocido Park and they started to really explain the whole game to me. Of course I did get to know the local female players as well, who actually were the ones breaking the ice ;) They just did not practice as often as the men at the Conocido Park, but the girls took me to a few more different courses, and this is why I mainly ended up with the men playing...
From this point on during my last month in Arizona I played Disc Golf every single day and the sport and all the great people I finally got to know gave me a really hard time to leave the US im July 2006. But I was hopefull to find some Disc Golfers in Germany or I told myself, I'd build a basket myself ;)
Back in Germany I was really lucky finding the local players not far away from where I lived :)
After taking half a year off, because of my elbow hurting like hell, I started again playing in March '07 and have managed to play 8 tournaments :) We are just a hand full Disc Golfer in Germany, compared with America and just a couple women - but we are getting more and more ;P

For me Disc Golf in the first place stands for a little bit of America, which I took back home, besides the fact that I love to be outside, talk walks, get to know new people and to travel - it now plays an important part in my life!
Let me know whenever you are traveling to Germany, I'd be happy to show you arround!!!
Hello Ladies,

My name is Sarah Johnson, and I've been playing this sport since the summer of 2006. I actually went to my first tourney 3 weeks after I got my first 2 discs, and it's been pretty much all-consuming since then! My husband and I love the sport because we can spend our time together and outdoors, plus there are so many courses in our area it allows for even more outdoor exploration! In fact, we recently moved to Corvallis OR and chose to build our house based on its proximity to a course. 2 minute bike ride, woohoo! Anyway, love the sport, the chicks, the comraderie and of course the summer camping along the Oregon Series tour! We're hoping to get to some tourneys in other states this year as well. My big plans for the summer are to learn how to get more snap on the disc, increase my drive and consistency, and of course improve my PUTTING!

Huk far ladies!

sarah "sj"
Hi, I am Brandi Laudermilch of Sunny FL. I have been playing disc golf for 5 years now and LOVE IT. My husband got me playing when went to visit his parents in Melbourne, FL. We have a great FL tour that I travel on mostly, but I am hoping to get out of the state for tournaments this year, namely Worlds in MI. I have always played sports as a kid and in college (softball at Furman University), so disc golf was not hard to enjoy immediately. I have a degree is Health & Exercise Science, worked in physical therapy for 9 years before quiting and now I work for Sun King Disc Sports. I have met alot of great friends through disc golf and look forward to meeting more, so if you are ever traveling in FL, feel free to stop by the store.

Thanks,
Brandi
My Name is Teresa Bellinger. I live in Vancouver, WA but I'm really an Oregonian. I am/have been the TD for the Beaver State Fling (along with a host of other events) and a coordinator for the Oregon Series. I started playing disc golf 7-8 years ago (I think) in Corvallis, OR (yeah Willamette Park!)

I started a disc golf clothing company with a good friend of mine, Jodie Turmell, about 5-6 years ago (Sassy Pants) to help promote women playing competative disc golf. I work for HP as an engineer (got my degree in '99 from OSU in Chemical Engineering). No kids, but I do have 2 Bernese Mt Dogs, a Blue and Gold Macaw and a Russian Blue cat... I'm big with the animals I guess!

I love traveling all over the country, and this year hopefully all over the world (yeah Japan Open), to play disc golf. My favorite achievements in disc golf: first; being awarded the PDGA 2005 Rookie of the Year... second; being the first (only?) Am to ever win a Pro World Championship title... third; being the 3rd woman to ever play in the USDGC (SO fun!). I would never have guessed when I started playing these things were in my future... so if you're new to this sport, practice hard and dream big, you never know how far you can go!

I absolutely LOVE the friends I've made playing this sport and the competition of this amazing sport. Hugs to all the women out there!!

Yours in Sassy
tgb
Hi, I'm Becky Gilbert (Team Bert) from Michigan. We started playing on weekends as a family eight years ago. I discovered it is a great activity to lose weight! I like to play different courses when ever possible. I'm especially looking forward to my first Worlds experience this summer. To be able to play Amateur Grandmaster with my friend Sheila will be very cool!!!
Peace; I'm Kile from Kansas. I am a library assistant with two wonderful kids (Xman is almost 9 and Lexi mae is 5) and a discgolf addicted husband, Shawn. We both started playing in Tulsa, Ok about six years ago. I loved the sport so much that I even played nine the day before I was induced with my daughter. I have only been playing seriously for the past year. If any of you lovely ladies make your way in my direction, hit me up for a round. Rock on!
I'm Michelle, from southeast Michigan. My boyfriend, Greg, and I started playing in October 2007, so it hasn't been too long. I love to play but I'm not very good....though I'm trying. I'm quite frustrated that my game isn't coming along as fast as Greg's. I can't wait until summer when I'll be able to play more often and hopefully see some big improvements in my technique and scores. Maybe by then I'll also have all the lingo down ;)

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968