www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Hi, My name is Michelle "Snap" Cartwright. I'm from Mobile, Al. I have been playing disc golf for about 4 years..I play in Southern Nationals Series mostly. I am a member of PDGA, MADGA, and WDGA. I travel quite a bit , but it's hard to find PDGA events around the south. Hopefully that will change soon. I am a mother of two, a boy and girl..I also just graduated college, got my Paramedic licence, which has come in handy playing disc golf,,,I hope we can get this site off the ground soon, cause I need a new basket..lol..

So now it's your turn to tell US about YOU,...

Michelle "Snap"

pdga#30918
wdga#098

Views: 4

Replies to This Discussion

I'm Naomi from the foothills of North Carolina. I started playing disc golf regularly over a year ago after tagging along w/boyfriend David. If I want to disc with other gals I usually have to travel a bit to do it. I do my best to get other women interested in this great sport as it needs a bigger following of us. I am 42 and my children are grown up now which allows me to play whenever I feel like it ; unless it is a work day!
Greetings ya'll. My name is Catherine, my disc golf friends call me Cat, and my cajun friends call me Menoux. I am from Iowa, moving to KS in the mid 80s where I met my husband. I have been playing disc golf since 1999 or 2000. I actually can't remember. I just remember thinking how silly my husband and son were for playing such a goofy sport. Then one day they talked me and my daughter into trying it and I was immediately hooked. The course was four blocks from the house so I was at the course every day weather allowed. Just over a year ago, JTP (my husband is called Joe the Pro) and I moved down here to south Louisiana and were introduced to the Southern National Disc Golf where they have tournaments all 12 months of the year and 51 out of 52 weeks. My only problem is I am 30 minutes from one course and 45 minutes from another course and I hate that aspect of it. I belong to SNDG, BRDGA, ECDGC, Blue Angel Disc Golf Club, Acadiana Disc Golf Club and last but not least the WDGA. Anyone ever down this way better let me know, I am up for a round or two or four!!!
Where you from in KS? I don't think we met and we played many tournaments with Smitty and Mace and the rest of them. Let me know. M.
Wellington (south of Wichita) Last year was the first year I played in any tournaments.
Hey Snap,

My name is Beth Corey and I am in Florence, Alabama. I have been involved in this sport for many years (really do not want to tell how long because I still play Amateur woman because I am so bad). Actually I met my husband in 1985 and he got me started playing my first tournament in 1986. I have really been more interested in helping at tournaments than competing but over the years I have met some wonderful people. My husband and 2 boys play in tournaments though my younger son and I do not play in tournaments as much as my husband and older son. My older son and I are certified officials and my husband will be taking the test soon. We have run ice bowls in our city for the last 12 years or so and in the last 2 years I have been tournament director or co tournament director of our large tournament called the Spring Fling. Right now we are about to start fund raising to try and put another course in here. Our club Shoals Frisbee Club has been in existence the last 25 years and we have the longest running state tournament. I am a member of the SN, PDGA( #4110), WDGA (#18), SFC. Recently I assisted at the Bowling Green Amateur Championships and had a great time. It is very rare that I go to a tournament and NOT volunteer my services. I love this game though I am not good at it...but what makes it for me is the people that I meet. It is kinda hard for us to play tournaments since all 4 of the family play and with finances low (me not working now) I do not get to play that much. I still go to help out and enjoy that. I am proud to say that both my younger son and I have trained in Tang Soo Do karate and as of last fall we have our black belts. That was quite an accomplishment for this 42 year old woman. If you have any more questions just let me know.
According to the SN forum, you are the bomb. Some on the forum have nominated you for Volunteer of the Year. That is quite an accomplishment. Congrats!!! Maybe someday we can meet, too. M.
Hey beth, and Cat...

Beth is the bomb, never scared to lend a hand, or pocket book...I sure missed you beth at bud hill...The "Boy's" did well ...I am so proud of will...3rd is awesome out of 60 plus am's. What a gift.

Cat..I hope to see you soon..It's been a month or so..I'm having cat withdraws..lol Call me.
You know I go over there but never saw that I was nominated until today. It is an awesome honor just to be nominated. I love helping though now it is getting more difficult for me to divide my time between disc golf, karate, work. Thanks for the kind words.
Michelle, thanks for the Kudos...I was beginning to think no one really cared. I haven't heard from anyone in forever. Wish Mobile and BR were closer together and JTP didn't have such horrid hours. Hope to see you soon and I too am going through Snap withdrawals.

Beth, You are more than welcome for the kind words. I have read on the SN forum of your willingness to lend a hand at tournaments. Maybe someday we will get to meet and hug each other's necks. I feel like I know you already. Take care.
Hi all! I'm BeckyT from San Francisco, CA (originally from Iowa). This is my rookie season playing in the NorCal Series and I'm LOVING it! I started playing in Ames IA when I was attending Iowa State University. There weren't any other women that played regularly when I was there so I played 3-5 times a week all thru college and had no idea that there were organized tournaments. I didn't play for three years until the course opened about a year ago in SF, now I can't seem to do anything but golf :)

I started a women's league in SF. We meet Wed. nights at 5:30pm for a casual round. If any of you have female friends in the bay area please pass this info on. All skill levels and ages are welcome. I also love to show out of towners our course so hit me up if you're coming out to SF!
Hey Becky T, thanks for the post. There are so few of us playing compared to the number of guys, it's great to see a new player. I grew up in IA, north of Ames near Ft. Dodge. Never learned about disc golf until after I moved to KS.

Again, thanks for posting.
Menoux- I'm from Perry Iowa originally! Small world. Last year the city put a 9 hole in at the rec center in Perry so if you go back to the Dodge and find yourself jonesin for a round check it out. Thanks for the encouragment!

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968