www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

two weeks before a major event. i pulled something in my arm. i'm trying to get into physical therapy and receive a massage. pt will tell me alot, but are there things in general that have helped you get over an injury?

Views: 1

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ice then stretch. Ice then stretch. Ice then stretch. Ice is magic.
All I can do for my ailing wrist/arm/grip/tendon (whole damn arm from elbow down) is to take it easy. Sometimes I can play a round and feel okay. Other times I gotta suck it up and stink it up the rest of the day.

Usually I'm okay up to 30 mixed/longer shots, after that it is a pain in the ass sometimes. I wouldn't trust it for back-to-back rounds of 24+ holes or a weekend tourney. I can deal with nagging pains and all, but I wouldn't want to extend the damage to my body (I also don't play as much as a pro does).

I always stretch pregame and massage the kinks out during. A little pain killer can help, but I'm not sure if those would be allowed during a major tourney.

Good luck if ya can make it through the pain.
Just to add to Marks comment, ADVIL!!!
I am working through some arm issues myself. Or maybe I just use that as an excuse for sucking
Did you throw your arm out while playing or by some freak accident?

In Detroit, we have a flamethrower of a baseball reliever name Joel Zumaya. He can (maybe not anymore) throw over 102 mph. Last year he hurt his arm playing Guitar Hero. This year he hurt himself moving boxes when evacuating family from wildfires in CALI. Talk about bad luck.

Or you can pull a Tiger Woods...
physical therapists are the best. there's hope. mark you are right stretch,ice and maybe a little heat first is good. and also massage,ultra sound and ice [electric] stint
Stevo,
Miah will put a "icy hot" pad on his shoulder pre-game for tourneys, he tore his rotator cuff a while back and has never quite come back to 100%. he says that the "pads" work well. I try to throw a couple practice drives nice and easy then Stretch for at least 20 min pre and post game, liquid aleve/advil are also really good for minor pain relif.
thanks gabe, i'll get some icy hot
Agree fully with all of the above --- worked through arm issues last year - still have trouble at times --- my solution was / is rest.

The other part of my solution was to switch to the other arm to play. Spent 6-7 months playing lefty last year (no official competitive play however) - and was able to play respectably ... now that my game is back to mostly "normal" - I have an extra throw type in my bag of tricks when I need it.
My brother swears by BioFreeze. You apply it to your injury, and BAM you don't feel a thing.
I realize this isn't a healing method, but it can help, so he says.
i'll look for biofreeze and i too played leftie for awhile last year. thanks for reminding me, if i need to continue at worlds. i'll still have the other arm option.
i made it thru 7 rounds in 5 days! pt is amazing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968