www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I am a fan of the National Wildlife Federation, and spend some of my work time collaborating with its Campus Ecology Project. Just got an email from the NWF that I find pretty interesting, especially this part:
Keep your tires properly inflated and save about 12 cents a gallon. Check and replace your air filter regularly and save up to 41 cents a gallon. Observe the speed limit while driving and save up to 94 cents per gallon!
Oh, and just from me: If it's not too hot out and you're going less than 45 mph, turn off the AC and put the windows down. That's about another 30 cents a gallon.

Tags: driving, gas, gasoline, money

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well since I obviously have a problem with what I drive...according to Garp...yeah right!!! LMAOROTF

I'm now running 98% Nitrogen in the tires of my Full Size Double Cab 4 Wheel Drive Gas Guzzling Tundra. ....all that and a meatball sub!!!

>>>>Yeah Baby!!

...and don't vote for Obama!!!
I saw some prototypes of airless tires being developed by one of the big tire manufacturers. It has "spokes" of rubber where the air part of the tire would be. If this area is left open it also has the effect of making the car much quieter. Conventional tires act as a drum as the road beats against it. These tires, during their tread life, would always have optimal contact with the road. Fuel savings and safety are two of the leading benefits of the airless tires. Not sure when or if they will go to market.
yessir... google tweel. try and check an image of a set of those things on construction trucks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968