www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

So I live in Canton Mi, and I lost a disc at Freedom Park 4 years ago that was one of my favorite disc's. Just today I found some people playing at Wagner Course in Royal Oak and because I had marked my Disc with a paint pen I was able to convince the people that it was my disc. I just thought it was nice of those people to give me the disc back but I do think that it was the longest time I had lost a disc before I found it pretty cool.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's really cool. I lost a disc a couple months ago and the guy who found it plays Wagner. I just haven't been able to justify driving up there to get it back. Kind of a long story. If he calls me again I'll probably just tell him to keep it or sell it or whatever. It was an unmarked disc that I found myself anyway. I make it a point to mark all the discs I throw, but it seems that I've found about 50% success with that.

I've lost four discs, and retrieved two through people calling me. One time I left one at it's lie and the guy who found it stuck it under a garbage can and left me a voice mail telling me where it was. I found it right where he said it was. Of the two I haven't retrieved, one is just too far to drive right now and the other one, who knows if it's even been found.
The first Disc I ever lost was a KC Pro Banshee that kicked into the creek while playing doubles on #6 at Veterans Park (Lexington KY) in the rain (Nov 2005). Creek was high and muddy so it was gone. Last fall(October 2007) I was with my kids (biking) downstream from the DG course and saw a disc in the water and while fishing it out noticed another which I retrieved and was surprised to have my Banshee back. Really weird finding it after two years.
so they had the disc for 4 years and you just took it back?

I dont agree with that.

I think if you lose a disc its up to the person who found it whether or not they want to return it. Just my opinion. I mean if they had it for 4 years... dang... thats such a long time.
Reece,
Not returning a disc is completely uncool....if you apply that rule then it should be up to the finder of your car keys if you ever lost them if they wanted to give them back....thats crazy talk

Donnie Reece said:

I dont agree with that.

I think if you lose a disc its up to the person who found it whether or not they want to return it. Just my opinion. I mean if they had it for 4 years... dang... thats such a long time.
Ryno Malaki said:
Reece,
Not returning a disc is completely uncool....if you apply that rule then it should be up to the finder of your car keys if you ever lost them if they wanted to give them back....thats crazy talk

Donnie Reece said:

I dont agree with that.

Great to get your disc back ... I hope you offered some cash or other plastic you might have had that maybe wasnt that important to ya.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968