www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Innova's web site says they have a DX and Pro Cobra:

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/procobra.html

I like the disc but wanted something highly durable because it's already a stable-to-understable disc and any beat-in turns it into insta-roller (which I don't want). This web site says they have a Star version, but I don't trust it.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=50&PPQT...

Anyone know if this is true, or a mistake?

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't seen a star cobra. I have to admit I haven't been looking for them. I do have a champion cobra. What's the deal with innova? They already took away my flat champ gators. =(
I havent tried a star Cobra but i highly recommend a Champion cobra if you if cn find one.... They are hard to come by but i have seen they on ebay from time to time.. I also recommend tyring a champion coyote because they fly very similiarly (STRAIGHT) but i tend to throw my coyote a but further 300-330 and the cobra maxes out at about 315ft. Coyote also seems to slightly more over stable.. Hope this helps
Thanks -- I find it odd that they only show them as being available in DX/Pro, but then again, they don't even list all of their discs on their web site. I ordered a Star Cobra (180, which is awesome) today. I don't really like Champion plastic, I'm not sure why. There's a decent chance I'm delusional. If I see someone with a Coyote, I'll ask if I can give it a toss.

Thanks.
I have ordered from them a couple of times and have nothing but great service fast free shipping
and i belive the star corba was a cfr disc this year
Yes, this would be more stable and be much more difficult to turnover. Make sure you get the correct weight. The lighter the disc the easier it will be to turnover also. Hobie
AlternaTour said:
Innova has lost some of my backing for pulling the Champion Cobra- Those things were ace machines and they were idiots for pulling them!!
I have found that a Crystal Buzz is filling the shoes of a Champion Cobra pretty well. So you may want to try one of those.

buzz can replace all them innova midranges!!!! try it out
I have a star cobra, seems to be a real good disc. At saturdays tourny, my buddy taco'd his pro cobra and was given another pro and taco's it the very next hole. I think he may buy my star from me. That or quit aiming at trees. ha
I'm going to have to try a buzz. I didn't (gasp!) like the Roc very much. Yeah, I know, I'm stupid. My teenagers agree with you. I'm gonna find a Buzz to try someday, but the Cobra has unmatched thin-ness for a mid-range and I like that. I don't have particularly small hands (the web site says the Cobra is good for people with small hands), but I just find it to be easy to throw but too easy to nick.

Peter Kunoff said:
AlternaTour said:
Innova has lost some of my backing for pulling the Champion Cobra- Those things were ace machines and they were idiots for pulling them!!
I have found that a Crystal Buzz is filling the shoes of a Champion Cobra pretty well. So you may want to try one of those.

We have Star Cobras and some champion gators in our store. www.lsdiscs.net
windsurf17 said:
I'm going to have to try a buzz. I didn't (gasp!) like the Roc very much. Yeah, I know, I'm stupid. My teenagers agree with you. I'm gonna find a Buzz to try someday, but the Cobra has unmatched thin-ness for a mid-range and I like that. I don't have particularly small hands (the web site says the Cobra is good for people with small hands), but I just find it to be easy to throw but too easy to nick.
Peter Kunoff said:
AlternaTour said:

windsurfer i know what you mean with the roc but i gave it some time and now i swear by them ,have 3 in my bag now all diffent stages but it does take time to learn them but men just because others use them well does not mean it works for everybody ,i have thrown many mids all good in diffent ways the buzz is great also
Yes there are Sta Cobras out there but the price is to high. You can get them from jeremy rusco Dynamic Disc on ebay for less or the same money with a cool dye job. The star is super stable at first. If i were throwing a Cobra I would go ahead and get a Champion one? They are OOP but you can find them. I did.
They didn't stop making the Cobra because it was a great disc. They have replaced the Cobra with newer "better" disc. I have a Gummy Star Kite that will whip a Cobra any day. The Kite has more glide and you don't have to put all that air underneath it in a tailwind. If you are pissed about the Cobra than you need to try some of the other disc. I like the Buzz but i throw a SS player's cup because I am specail. Innova is like any other company. Simply put: the Cobra is inferior to the new mids from Innova. Time to move on.

AlternaTour said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968