www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Innova's web site says they have a DX and Pro Cobra:

http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/procobra.html

I like the disc but wanted something highly durable because it's already a stable-to-understable disc and any beat-in turns it into insta-roller (which I don't want). This web site says they have a Star version, but I don't trust it.

http://www.discgolfcenter.com/main_displayProduct.php?p=50&PPQT...

Anyone know if this is true, or a mistake?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Cobra and Kite have nothing in common. They Kite is a highly understable disc whereas the Cobra is a slightly overstable disc (similar to the Buzz). I cut my teeth on the Cobra but eventually moved away from it to a Coyote. The Coyote requires a more delicate touch than the Cobra but a high level player won't have any trouble there. The Cobra is great when you're running just a little too much wind.

Try the Coyote if you have good snap and the Cobra fades on you. My personal opinion is that the Coyote is the best disc right off the shelf that Innova ever put out (Buzz being equivalent). It's a Roc that you don't have to wear in from what I hear (not being a Roc user).
My guess is that it has nothing to do with good or bad disc, but rather sales. People buy Rocs like they're candy, not because the disc is a good disc, it's not. It can be made into a good disc but it isn't off the shelf. There are better discs off the shelf. Sooooo, if you're talking about replacing a disc because it's not a good disc and there are better discs available, the Roc seems a better candidate than the Cobra.
the roc is a great disc you just have to know how to throw them
Lyle O. Ross said:
My guess is that it has nothing to do with good or bad disc, but rather sales. People buy Rocs like they're candy, not because the disc is a good disc, it's not. It can be made into a good disc but it isn't off the shelf. There are better discs off the shelf. Sooooo, if you're talking about replacing a disc because it's not a good disc and there are better discs available, the Roc seems a better candidate than the Cobra.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968