www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I seen this on ebay because I've been looking for a CFR TL I also have been looking for diffent plastic in this mold but till recently i thought it was only in star and limit run of cfr disc but i seen this and asked the seller for the serial numbers to see if it was the tl mold and he claims that it only has the weight and and tl on the back
I know a tee bird is almost the same disc but i prefer the tl
has anyone seen a champion edtion tl like this before or is it just a ce teebird

http://cgi.ebay.com/Innova-Champion-Edition-CE-Teebird-TL-Disc-Golf...

Tags: ebay, listing, tl

Views: 77

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey whats up? The champion TL isnt just cfr anymore. They release it for custom stamps also and those are the ones we have in our store. The TL is completely different from the teebird, The tl mold is more understable and has a more narrow rim. Lars, www.lsdiscs.net
someone correct me if I am wrong. champion edition plastic is different than standard issue champ plastic. CE is now coveted by some players since it is so hard to find and innova no longer makes it.

I have a CFR champion glo TL that I really like.....maybe check them out. I also think I saw some CFR '08 worlds Champ TLs at gotta go gotta throw site. cool stamp.

I would have the seller send you a pic of the bottom of the disc to confirm the "tl" on the bottom and not a "tb" since you don't want a regular teebird. I have been told the CE plastic is very durable.
My brother just picked up some CE Valk's for $38-$55. I don't know if I'd fork that much over, but there seems to be a big difference between them and the newer champion plastic.

He used to dominate our group with his old CE's. Then he lost them over the years, and his game went to sh*t. Well, now he has them again! And again, he's whoopin' my ass. I've added newer champion plastic to my bag, but it hasn't shaved my scores as much as those older CE's are for him. I'll have to "borrow" them and test it out for myself. $50 is a lot for a disc, but if it really works...

One other thing, someone stole my bro's old CE Firebird. It's orange with black CE stamping. Not sure of the wgt., but if any of you see one on e-bay, give us a holler. We're looking for that @sswipe who took it from his house. Any info would be appreciated.
Many of the old CE TeeBirds are really TL Molds. I have a few CE's and many are the TL mold if you check the back. They have the same stamp except for the final run CE TL's which are more like regular champ plastic and have the small central stamp. The CFRs came after the CEs.
The TL was originally in Champion Edition plastic, and are still available for as low as $10 for a used beat up one, to $100+ for a new first run one. The final run of the Champion Edition TL's was pretty much made with Champion Plastic and not the coveted CE plastic... this is why they don't sell for as much as the other CE's. And yes, most CE teebirds were the TL mold.

Then they came out with the KC Pro plastic which is also more like Champ plastic than CE, but I don't think they were made in the Tl mold.

Right now, they still produce Star TL's, and Champion TL's. You can also find Pro Tl's, but I believe they are out of production.

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968