www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I've just formed a small group of judges who will select the best pictures, videos, and blog posts made here in www.DiscGolfersR.us from the 2008 PDGA World Championships, starting now through the night after the Finals.

Prizes for 1st place in each category will be signed prints of the beautiful oil canvas disc golf art created by Marnie N. White. The images in this post are from two of her pieces. There will be prizes for second and third place, too. Much of Marnie's art will be on display and for sale during Monday evening's Flymart.

You don't have to be competing to enter, but you do have to post pictures, videos, or make blog posts about your experiences competing in, or working or spectating at the Worlds.

We'll announce the winners in here within two weeks of the end of Worlds. Please, everyone, use the commenting capacity in here to show your support for the posts, videos, or pictures that you think deserve to win.

Tags: 2008, Marnie N. White, PDGA, Worlds, art, blog posts, contest, pictures, videos

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool contest Terry and nice art by Marnie! I just did my "Not at the Worlds" blog...it IS about the 2008 Worlds, I'm just not there!!!
That counts.
I just made it back in town finally and posted one of many 2008 Worlds Experiences blogs... I feel like I could talk about it forever. The best part though- on the last day some kids at the campground came up to us who knew nothing about DG before the week started. A few had discs and the girl did not. I gave her a disc, they wanted us to autograph them all, and I gave them some websites to look at with their parents to find more info on the sport and to find courses near them (they were all Jr. high or younger)! Totally made the rest of the week fade away. Getitng some new kids in the sport was so exciting!
08 worlds was great to check out from a spectator's prospective. Loved seeing those big guns bombing at victory park.!!! Timber ridge was cool as well. Although, it wasn't an ideal course for large galleries due to the rough terrain .Best to sit at the bottom of the hill and watch drives down the massive hill. My son, Ethan, got a new Discraft hat from Pad Timmons, that he only takes off for bedtime. He also got my winning Rogue signed by the top pros! he wouldn't stop talking about!

best part was driving away with that beautiful sunburst orange mach III #18 basket in the back of my car!!!
congrats Peter!!! I look forward to coming back to Toledo and making the drive up to Ypsi to play the course with these sweet baskets! Let us know where they go!
What an awesome event. This was my first worlds and it will definately not be my last. My friend Carl wrote this article, check it out...
SanDiegoAces.com
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968