www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

A member of the group here sent a message asking what is the difference between Omega Driver and Sirius Omega . What colors of OD are available and what is the best place to but Millennium Discs?

Answer:

There are a few types of Omega Putters;
Omega Super Soft, Omega AP (Approach & Putt), Q-Mega and Sirius Omega.

The Omega Super Soft is soft, sticky, and grippy putter. The softness of this putter and the materials used gives you total control of angle, direction, and pace. It is totally stable in virtually any wind, and its extra softness gives you extra stick when it hits the chains.
Personally this is my go to putter, I love it.

The Omega AP is made from stiffer, supergrip material for when you want to lay up to the basket. It's main purpose is to improve your approach game, it's a straight flyer with a great feel and great durability. If you like firmer putters then this is the putter for you.

The Q-mega is the Champion grade plastic which a lot of people tend to use as the driver putter or approach putter. It's extremely durable and a great driver putter.

This is the putter I use when I want to approach or use as a driver.

The Omega Sirius is the Omega AP in Sirius plastic. It's characteristics are the same as the AP with the durability and feel of the Sirius plastic.
I've heard a lot of players are switching to this as their Driver putter of choice.

I just got one of these and haven't played with it fully to give a true assessment at this time.

I've seen all these discs in White, Clear, Red, Orange, Black, Pink, Yellow, Green and Blue.

For me a great online source for discs I go through www.discgolfcenter.com you can't beat their online live inventory and free shipping. Not sure if they ship free to Finland but ya never know.

I hope this answers your questions.

Views: 1

Replies to This Discussion

I stopped by Dan's shop last weekend. I checked the bin where the Omega drivers were. There is a prototype Aurora MF and a few Tachyon Prototypes (A couple different numbers.)

He must have been digging deep in the closet to find those.
All right.
I have tested those Omega Drivers and came to a conclusion that you can't put too much power on them, I think they become really understable then.
I was very surprised how far they can fly. And they actually fly to where you throw them :-).
So, all in all I am quite happy. Money well invested.

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968