www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Everyone got the email about the flyer contest yesterday, with a deadline of Monday night. Overnight, we had three entries come aboard. They are attached in PDF to this post. Please feel free to print them and post them at the courses and shops you visit this weekend. Please, no littering!

Look further down in the conversation for more flyers. After the deadline on Monday evening, I will put them all on a list, but until then I will just add them to this conversation as additional attachments, as they come in.

Tags: contest, flyer, flyers, promotion

Views: 15

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, here's a repeat of the Flyer Contest details: We need a flyer for disc golfers to download, print, and post at courses. It should be 8.5x11" (vertical or horizontal), colorful, use the discgolfersR.us logo (look in recent photos in the site, I will keep it active in there) and capture the functionalities, excitement, connection, and attraction values of being part of this network. It should inspire those who read it at courses to run home, get on line, and join us.

Send your entry in this competition as an email attachment - PDFs only - to splendid@umich.edu, with the phrase "DGRUS Flyer" in the Subject line of the message by 8 pm Eastern time on Monday, January 14. Entries become the property of discgolfersR.us. (Be sure to credit yourself on the flyer.)

Between now and next Monday, we'll be figuring out a way to put all the entries up so that network users can cast their votes for the ones they like best, and that they think will work best to inspire others to join.

The flyer that gets the most votes from network users wins five (5) new discs from my collection for its creator. Enjoy!
Here's another flyer!
Attachments:
Official voting will start at some point after the deadline on Monday evening for submissions. Meanwhile, I am sure the flyer creators appreciate feedback, and if they have time, they can modify their entries, so long as their final version is in to me as described by 8 pm Easter time on Monday evening.
I didn't receive an e-mail, so I'm glad you have posted this here as well. I'm going to print and use one of the flyers that has been submitted this weekend at our local Ice Bowl. Then I'll work on the winnig submission this weekend... ;)
Another entry, actually a revision of an earlier one:
Attachments:
Does the GOLD medallion need to be on it?? any required items/info?
It should be 8.5x11" (vertical or horizontal), colorful, use the discgolfersR.us logo (gold medallion; look in recent photos in the site, I will keep it active in there) and capture the functionalities, excitement, connection, and attraction values of being part of this network. It should inspire those who read it at courses to run home, get on line, and join us. Fly free!
I'd like to put my name in the hat!
This one is specially made for those people who cant remember an address till they get home :)
Attachments:
Full color entry, should look good black & white too...
preview:

download full size below - (forgot to make in 300dpi, so quality is a little low.. :/)
Attachments:
Smart idea related to the little tear-off URLs, Dylan! I like that. That also fits with what I tried to do with my own flyer design too....the 'ol "K.I.S.S." (keep it simple, stupid!) :) Tease people just enough to want to visit the web site, then tell them everything you/they want and need to know once they get there...rather than trying to cram War and Peace on a 8.5" x 11" page. Great idea though! If people like my flyer, I might have to "borrow" that idea and make "Flyer 2.0" for Terry......

Yeah...had to revise that file as it didn't render my font correctly on-screen in Ning, for some reason. Anyway, I hope people find it to be useful! I tried to "Keep it Simple" while introducing just a bit of humor to the equation. A "teaser" rather than a novel on what discgolfersR.us is all about...while also being less-expensive for people to reproduce (and saving a lot of ink...making it more environmentally-friendly in the process). I thought "less might be more" when thinking about how I've tried to promote disc golf here in SW Minnesota, as well as seeing how other people were making their flyers very graphic and/or text-heavy. Anyway, hopefully a few folks out there will enjoy it and be able to use it in their own marketing efforts! It was a fun little weekend project.
Here's my entry:

Jon Berg (aka JonnyHyzer)

Photobucket

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968