www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

Im a rec player and when i play events i feel that i am pressured to get better from better players.

Is there anyting wrong with being a rec player? I mean, you could be the greatest rec player of all time.

I know the goal is to get better and believe me i constantly try, but sometimes I feel like I am just going to be a rec/intermediate player (depending on the field i can play intermediate im sort of on the fringe.

Who is the average player?

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no, this guy even said he should have played intermediate.

He said he wanted to win rec once before moving up a division.
I'm an average player. I've played in only one tourney, back in Aug of 1999 (lucky me, it was the hottest day of the year). I was close to the middle of the pack after the first 24. In the later round I dropped even futher, but at least I wasn't at the bottom. It was dissapointing to find out I wasn't as good as I thought I was. I had my ass handed to me and kicked thru the uprights for 3.

I never practiced, and it showed. After the blow to my ego, I lost some of the desire to play as often. A few years went by and I played less and less. Luckily, we started playing for fun again. I then became the average casual player.

After finding this site, and learning, and practicing, and playing more, I might try to make it to a tournament this fall. We'll see how it goes. I don't expect to win, but I expect to play better and hopefully try some more tourneys.
i just played worlds, but i also have friends that are casual and probably won't practice. that's ok. i'll try to balance playing with them once a week with practicing on my own and playing with better players.
Probably mathematically true that you must hit something at least once by accident-that's how I got my first (and only, so far) par on a hole.

mdub said:
I humbely accept the title as the greatest AVERAGE player of all time!

I started playng in 1979 - my average was +5 per round
In the 80's - my average was +5 per round
In the 90's - my average was +5 per round
and currently - my average IS +5 per round
(actually in some mathematical algorythm, statistically staying the same while aging 30 years could be considered an improvement!

I believe I also hold the record for most games without an ace. FOUR DECADES...NO ACE!!!
(again, in some mathimatecal equation is has to be close to impossible to throw something at a target at never even hit it on accident!!!) http://www.discgolfersr.us/group/acelesssupportgroup

:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968