www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

I'm new to the sport and I have a hard time throwing an understable throw. I am looking for suggests on a mid range disk that has good understability for the back hand thrower only. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try an Innova Stingray, or Discraft Stratus. Both are very understable and great for beginner players. After you develop some power, these discs work great as short roller discs.
If these are too understable ... try the new Innova Kite.
get any DX disc pretty much
beat it into a tree 100 times you got an understable disc lol

(i did it when i started)
When I started out (prior to developing a forehand) I was looking for an understable midrange. If you are looking for a turnover disc without "seasoning" against a tree(ie understable when new) then I would recommend a "breeze" by discraft. Love the rim on this disc for turnovers. I have heard that discraft is discontinuing this model, if you can't find any breezes left, the Meteor by discraft is supposed to excellent as well. Remember the heavier the disc the more resistant it will be to turning over.
When I first started, nothing would turn right. Now after a few months I can get my Innova Shark (DX plastic) to turn WAY right. I also have a Discraft Stratus and an Innova Valkry (DX also) that I can turn. The Valk turns due to "seasoning" mostly. The rest turn I think may be because my arm speed has increased since I started. In a few months, you will be able to get the understable to work. For me, it just took some time and practice.
Remember that weight plays a part in the stability of a disc as well. With a lighter disc, it takes less power to throw an anhyzer or understable shot, while a heavier disc requires more power to achieve the same result.
true super light weight putters make good beginer discs
Try a COBRA. I have the both the Champion and a Star. I really the Star. Don't try any Discraft stuff...Stay Innova!
Any particular reason to limit this topic to mid-range discs only....just curious.

Innova
Mid-range:
Kite
Panther
Skeeter
Wolf
Stingray
Cobra
Coyote

These all have varying degrees of turnover from light to heavy. You can check Innova's website for more specific details.
http://www.innovadiscs.com/discs/comparison.html
I use a slightly worn shark for short midrange turnover shots.For the longer ones i use cobras.I guess it all depends on the power of your throw more advanced players can turn a variety of discs,but if your just starting i would try these out.Good luck on the course.
meteor !!!
Try lighter discs as well as some of these.
Innova: Panther, Wolf, Stingray, Coyote, Cobra, Leopard
Discraft: Breeze, Stratus, Glide, Meteor, Impact
DGA: Aftershock
Of the ones I've tried. My top three would have to be.. Panther, Impact, and the Aftershock. The last one being the least understable IMO.

Good Luck!
P.S. Try discs from All companies! Or you will miss out on some great discs.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Prodigy Fairway Drivers

Posted by Alan Barker on July 8, 2013 at 5:30pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968