www.DiscGolfersR.Us

The Community of Disc Golfers and About All Things Disc Golf

For those lucky enough to have community access TV in their town, I'm happy to provide DVD copies of Disc Golf Live video magazine for local broadcast. All it usually takes is for a local resident to join the station and submit the DVD. Folks throughout the community - golfers and non-golfers alike - will have a chance to catch the action. There's no better way that I know of to raise the profile of our sport than to SHOW FOLKS WHAT DG IS ALL ABOUT.

There are HUNDREDS of local stations across the country. But since most disc golfers just want to play a round, the show is only on in 40 or so markets to date. Please consider adding your local station to the broadcast line-up.

Here are a few cities off the top of my head where DGL should be playing but isn't:

San Francisco, CA
Pasadena, CA (a well-paid PDGA honcho lives there...yet no DGL)
Chicago, IL
Grand Rapids, MI
Ithaca, NY
Portland, OR

You get the idea. Check your local station for membership and broadcast information, then give me a shout.

Joe

Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com

Hear folks say "I saw disc golf on TV last night!"

Tags: PDGA, access, community, publicity, television

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jump on this, guys. Here in Ann Arbor, I long ago lost track of the number of times I've mentioned disc golf and been told, "Oh, yeah, I saw that on cable the other day." Or, even better, "Oh, yeah, I saw *you* on cable the other day! :)
how did you come up with these particular cities?

its a public access show but you want us to buy it? not sure i follow that.......
Hi, Mike -

As to the list of cities, I just picked a few notable possibilities off the top of my head. There are hundreds of communities with access channels. At most stations, it takes a local resident to submit programing. Thus, disc golfers within a given community have it well within their grasp to bring DG to their local TV station.

I provide DGL program DVDs to my broadcast partners at no charge. Folks who want to support the show are of course welcome to provide support but I will not let the cost of a dvd keep any community from enjoying some DG on TV.

Here in Ann Arbor, each show that is submitted gets played about ten times. Plus, a replay of earlier shows is always requested, so each of the earlier shows is replayed. That gives local viewers about 30 hours of DG in a three or four week period. As Terry noted, a lot of folks in this town know what disc golf is, even if they've never played, since they've seen it on TV.

Hope that helps clear things up.

Joe
all cleared up!! thanks for doing what youre doing promoting this great sport we all love to play!!
TX!! TX loves DG! Houston!! I think a a show with Japanese Professional level players with a funny MXC voice over would work. Non-discgolfers could be interested in this show based off its comedic value alone. DG just needs to get it's foot in the door. There is a possibility that the Coalition against America's fun way not want DG to be exposed to the masses. Japan is at the forefront of culture in many ways to include their interest in DG. I am hearing about more and more courses every year.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Blog Posts

Disc Golf Approach Shot Tips by Paul Ulibarri

Posted by Alan Barker on October 30, 2014 at 12:40pm

State of Disc Golf: Disc Golf Growth

Posted by Alan Barker on January 29, 2014 at 2:26pm

What are your favorite Disc Plastics?

Posted by Alan Barker on November 4, 2013 at 1:38pm

2 Tips For Guys To Entice A Girls

Posted by Frederick Cranford on September 11, 2013 at 5:42am

Disc Golf Answerman Episode 6

Posted by CoolDaddySlickBreeze on August 13, 2013 at 4:40pm

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Terry "the Pirate" Calhoun.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

SF00401968